Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. A majority of the world’s microchips receive their critical lithographic patterning in machines made by ASML. ASML also produces metrology tools and advanced applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process. You can be a part of the movement that will bring the next generation of chips to the world.
You will be working in the virtual compute platform (VCP). This platform is developed inside ASML to host compute and analytics applications that aim to improve the yield in the semiconductor factories of our customers. These applications take data from ASML equipment. They combine this data to real time production corrections. The corrections are sent back to the ASML production equipment. Failure of the platform has high impact. It would mean failure of the customers (tsmc, Samsung, Intel etc.) production facility.
The on-premise platform is currently developed based on DC/OS and HDP. We are in the process of migrating to Kubernetes, need to select storage alternative with your expertise taken in account. We develop the platform aspects in our team. Scheduling of resources, containerization, fail-over and data collection from scanner and measurement devices inside the fab. We have an uptime expectation of 4 nine’s
Installations and upgrades are automated with Ansible. Other technologies you may encounter are Spark for data processing, Kafka for notifications and high volume data ingestion. Hadoop and HBASE are used for data storage. Hyperconverged CEPH storage is one of the candidates to replace the HDP stack. We are open to your underpinned input on the suitability of CEPH or other stable alternatives for these technologies where these better suit the ASML
You will be working at Business Line Applications. The BL Apps develops Analytics & Control solutions that improve the accuracy of performance metrics (such as overlay, focus, critical dimension) as measured on the end product of a fab process (wafers with chip structures). You will work on the platform underneath these processing algorithms, a distributed computing platform.
This platform will provide value to ASML customers all over the world, making sure the chips of the next generation are produces efficiently and with the highest quality. There are 3 – 4 infra teams, 20-30 engineers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters working on the platform layers. The application development teams that develop the business critical applications consist of 15-25 teams.
Environment: Kubernetes, Ansible, MongoDB, Ceph, gluster, minio, Docker, Linux, Bamboo, Azure DevOps, Artifactory, RHEV, RHEL, backup, life-cycle management
Build the Kubernetes platform that the chip factories can depend on. You don’t write obscure scripts that people will forget exist. Instead, you’ll contribute to the platform that is essential to the chip manufacturers, and in turn essential for the coming generations of many semiconductor based devices. The platform itself consists of a scalable and distributed data and compute infrastructure. The scale and complexity of the platform gives everyone involved the opportunity to keep learning new things. You are a senior engineer able to pull your own weight and train and support others. You dislike that complexity and strive to add the simplicity that is crucial. Be part of this compute platform that is one of the main pillars under the production of the next generation microchips of Apple, Samsung and many others.
- Implement the product features with the team
- Automate tests to the implemented features
- Help application developers to understand the infrastructure / cluster / system
- Increase platform reliability by improving system resilience (bug-fixing and beyond)
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
- Master or Bachelor in computer science or related field
- You like to excel on the intersection of the software & infrastructure world
- **Senior** software engineer, you are a *developer* delivering platform *infrastructure-as-code* for more than 6 years
- You are at home in the Linux landscape (ours is RHEL-based)
- You have a solid understanding on the storage challenges for huge amounts of data, all the a container-native world of K8S
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure-as-code landscape (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt) -- we use Ansible
- Platform-thinking mindset: our deliveries have a large community of different stakeholders, and you will contribute on making it smooth, resilient, clean
- Technical, creative and open-minded who is eager to learn and not afraid of taking initiative
- You bring a very structured way of working for yourself and are able to instill that mindset into the team
- You are not afraid to experiment, collaborate, and share ideas
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You like to solve problems (permanently)
- You are open to Challenges
- You think outside the box
- You can look through the customer eyes, what worked before may need to change for a customer X
- You automate
- You have a positive attitude and are not stuck in dogmas, you combine a fresh view and apply experience equally