Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, Engineering
Over deze vacature
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Your goal is to realize significant user experience improvements of our business software applications, in order to increase user efficiency, effectiveness, satisfaction and adoption. You will do user research, create UI mockups, apply and contribute to the ASML design guidelines and validate prototypes with users from all over the world. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team that consists of e.g. a product owner, a solution architect, a business process analyst and software developers. You will thus be the lead in defining, embedding and executing the user-centered design process. Furthermore, you will pro-actively share challenges and best practices with your ±30 peer designers from the UX competence.
- Prepare and execute user research methods such as contextual inquiry and task analysis.
- Communicate findings using e.g. personas, user journeys, user stories.
- Validate prototypes through local, remote, moderated and unmoderated usability tests.
- Define quantitative UX metrics and collect data to report on them.
- Create wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Apply the ASML design guidelines and improve or extend them if necessary.
- Make sure that your designs are aligned with the functional and technical stakeholders.
- Define the right user-centered design approach based on the project’s or agile team’s goals and status quo (budget, timelines, availability of skills, etc.).
- Embed the approach in the project’s or agile team’s way of working and safeguard it under sometimes adverse conditions.
- Pro-actively share challenges and best practices with your peers from the UX competence.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an area such as Industrial Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, or Engineering.
- More than 5 years of professional UX experience (post-degree).
- Ability to plan work and deliver on agreed goals independently.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other disciplines.
- Ability to deal with resistance and convince others of the value of UX.
- Ability to balance short- and long-term goals, to compromise and to adapt way of working.
- Ability to work under time pressure and rapidly changing conditions.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Eligible to work in Veldhoven, The Netherlands.
- Experience with the design of complex business-to-business or enterprise applications
- Experience with agile/scrum/DevOps
- Experience with moderating participatory design/co-creation/design thinking workshops
- Experience with visual design
- Experience with Miro and Figma