Secondment with contracting
Engineering, High Tech
Over deze vacature
Are you a team player that likes to take a leading role in solving challenging, technical issues in a manufacturing environment?
Role and responsibilities
As a first line support competence engineer, your mission is to be in lead as a problem owner to drive technical solutions within pilot & volume production. You will also have to minimize downtime on our tools and ensure maximum quality to our customers.
In your daily job, you:
- Will be a 1st line engineer in troubleshooting technical problems on ASML NXE and EXE (EUV) systems in Veldhoven (3rd line during install). But not just a 1st line: our target solving power is 95%. Calibrating and testing a system in manufacturing typically is done by BSc engineers who solve the easy issues. We support these engineers in case of difficult issues, mostly from outside the clean room, but if needed inside the cleanroom at the machine.
- Deliver technical support to contribute to rapid solutions of complex technical issues.
- Arrange proper follow up to minimize impact on cycle time.
- Prevent disturbances from re-occurring by feeding issue resolution in cooperation with Manufacturing Engineering and D&E.
- Enable self-supportiveness of the 1st line by knowledge sharing.
- Participate and take the lead in continuous improvement projects.
Context of the position
- The EUV factory is responsible for both production and installation of NXE and EXE systems. Most technical issues (80%) are solved by the work-centers (self-reliance). 20% is too difficult to solve by generalists and is escalated to specialists: the first line support engineers. First line support has 10 competences and a solving power of ~95%. First line support consists of engineering groups with a group lead each.
- The first line support engineer reports to the first line support group lead, which reports to the first line support manager.
- Works in shifts: mild shift schedule containing 10 dayshifts, 5 evening, 1 weekend in 4 weeks (no night). Call-out support during public holidays.
- Willing to travel in case of urgent escalation at customer site (not frequent).
- Mobile phone, laptop; we are working in an Activity Based Working office (flex-desks).
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Education and experience
- BSc / MSc / PhD technical degree.
- Several technical fields are possible, but typically Mechanical, Mechatronics, (Applied) Physics.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes, preferably with trouble-shooting: analyzing problem, finding root cause and solution.
- Preferable 0-2 years proven work experience in analysis of complex problems.
- Experience with production and engineering, project management skills.
- Recent graduate also possible if at least affinity with production and trouble shooting.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player and flexible.
- Good social and communication skills, broad technical and business knowledge, strong analytical mind.
- Pragmatic attitude; very active, plenty of initiative.
- High sense of responsibility and devotion; cope with stress.
- Good organizational skills.
- Adequate English communication skills in speech and writing. Dutch language is preferred.