Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, High Tech, Engineering
Over deze vacature
At ASML we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved. Data analytics plays a key role in improving our machines and processes, and that is where you can contribute!
In this role, you will be responsible for one of the most used set of analytics applications in ASML. Together with your DevOps team, you will develop new features and maintain the underlying platform. All to enable your fellow ASML colleagues to achieve great things.
Context of the position
The position is within the IT Big Data department of ASML. You will be part of one of the 63 Scrum/DevOps teams creating Big Data & Analytics solutions for the company.
As a medior software engineer in the team, you both independently and collaboratively develop new features for a big set of critical applications. These applications are used by thousands of colleagues during their work and provide (analytical) insights during critical business processes. Your focus will be on one of these apps specifically, and a substantial part of your job will be collaborating with stakeholders for requirements gathering and refinement. Together with your Scrum team and a second team, you maintain the platform where the applications reside and push for improvements as part of your Competence.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
- A bachelor or master degree, preferably in the Computer Science/Information Technology area.
- You are a medior developer with 2-5 years of experience. Your technical skill set should include the following:
- Medior level Scala development (preferred) or medior level Java development with willingness to learn Scala.
- Medior level SQL development.
- Junior level PHP development (optional).
- Experience with code repo tools like Bitbucket.
- Experience with orchestration or CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with work management tools like Jira.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
You have a positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to learn new things. Your personal skills should include:
- Stakeholder management & requirements gathering: you can clearly communicate with stakeholders and are able to translate their functional wishes into a clear technical requirement for you and the team.
- Analytical: you are able to process complex information & customer questions and make the right conclusions.
- Agile: you have experience with working in an Agile setting and worked in a Scrum team before. You understand the core of Agile and are able to help the team become more mature. (Optional)