Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. They design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their clients microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Introduction to the job
Key challenge is on one hand to have a state-of-the-art environment to support the newest product development and on the other hand safeguard the stability and reliability and long term support for the growing installed product base at our customers.
As a Linux DevOps engineer you will be member of an agile team further developing the VDI environment. The team is responsible for implementing new features, supporting the current VDI environment and bring innovation in the service the team provide towards their customers. You will closely collaborate with teams inside and outside of the ART to deliver a stable and optimal usable service. You will need to have a hands-on mindset, strong customer- and problem-solving orientation, shows fast results and have great communication skills. To achieve the project goals, you need to be able to liaise directly with all stakeholders.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Design and build infrastructure as code with Terraform
- Design and build CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins and Azure DevOps
- Design and build containers to use with Podman, Docker and Kubernetes
- Manage the desired state of VDIs with Puppet and Ansible
- Automate deployment of infrastructure, software and tooling
- Improve monitoring of delivered services
- Automate processes for security and compliance request
- Solving incidents that occur in our current environment
Education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Relevant experience in large/complex technical development environments.
- Thorough understanding and practical experience (of at least three) of the key
- (Red Hat) Linux
- Azure DevOps
- (Citrix) VDI
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
- Proactive personality
- Drive towards analyzing and solving problems
- We automate unless
- Pragmatic, but prefers quality over quick fixes