Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
High Tech, IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Within the R&D IT domain the Design Infrastructure department is responsible for the Innovation, development, and support of the R&D Design environment and infrastructure for both Hardware and Software designers.
It will be your role to deploy the new virtualization platform based on VMWare to the High Secure environment and to design solutions that fit into the automation framework (Splunk, Service Now, Ansible). You will work DevOps / Scrum and apply techniques of continuous verification (CI/CD) to ensure the quality of your products. You build it. You run it.
Our client is an international high-tech manufacturing company.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Freelance/ZZP candidates also welcome
Primary Responsibility: Technical Project Engineer VMWare DevOps
Primary focus is RedHat OpenShift and RedHat Linux OS.
- Detail Design, develop and maintain VMWare products like VMWare vSphere, vSAN and vRealize Operations. Experience with dashboarding and monitoring solutions like vRealize Operations
- Translate the created VMWare reference architecture for the High Secure environment into technical solutions
- Provide input to support the team to design, develop and maintain automation products with playbooks (YAML) and modules (Python/PowerShell) in tools like Ansible Tower and Service-Now
- Test and verify the code produced by the team to continuously improve and refactor
- Verify code changes for the VMWare platform of other team members
- Train team members and others with your extensive VMWare product knowledge
- Work together with ServiceNow developers in your team to provide the best intuitive end-user experience possible for the new platform
- Ensure critical components in the VMWare platform are monitored to provide high levels of service availability and performance
- Maintain and support the VMWare platform and of its components like virtual networking, storage, compute and backup
- “Security” is your middle name, and you are always challenging yourself and your colleagues to design and develop new solutions as security tight as possible
- Support other teams and users with using the new VMWare platform
- Be aware about RedHat Linux OS and if possible also RedHat OpenShift
- No issue to work outside business hours to support the platform for critical R&D Applications
- You have great English communication skills, both verbally as in writing
- You like working in multi-disciplinary teams also with people who live in other parts of the world
- DevOps mindset: You are a team-player that is eager to develop and maintain cool products to automate/optimize processes in a complex IT infrastructure and are able to build and maintain productive working relationships
- Willing to learn and also willing to teach to colleagues