Secondment via YER
Food, Feed, Pharma, Logistics & Transportation
Over deze vacature
The functional group “Supply Chain Operation is part of the SCM department and is responsible for material planning and buying, production and demand planning (S&OP), and inventory management. SAP is used as a corporate system and various roles are centralized within the SCM department. You are responsible for ordering direct materials to ensure timely availability for production processes at IPT USP and IPT DSP. You will be responsible for first-line supplier management including (delivery) issues and invoicing process. In addition, you continuously improve stock levels by balancing availability for customers, leveling workload and space at warehouses, and minimizing carrying costs.
Supply of Raw Materials
Ensures 100% availability of raw materials for production by:
- Evaluating purchase requests generated by the ERP system including demand from various departments (e.g. nonBoM demand by BPDC).
- Ordering components & materials within existing purchasing contracts at various suppliers.
- Monitoring order confirmations and delivery lead-times of outstanding purchase orders and takes action when timely availability is in danger.
- Building relations with various suppliers.
- Managing supplier delivery problems (complaints, quality) and attuning with appropriate parties to resolve issues.
- Participating in relevant TIER meetings within SCM and IPT’s / QA to ensure information is harmonized and issue resolution is handled.
- Aligning with suppliers and warehouse about deviations of the supplier delivery protocol.
New Product Introduction
- Coordinates new product introduction needs into a plan for direct material availability.
- Responsible for aligning the requirements for BoM materials / process qualification / PDC requirements into a purchase plan that supports new product introduction.
- Assists in Master Data Creation.
- Sets up order process for new raw materials.
Release of Raw Materials
- Supports aligning the release planning of direct materials between various departments.
- Sets priorities at BT QA and QC labs for analysis and release.
- Responsible for issue resolution in case of delays, expediting etc.
- Keeps track of the stages through which each purchase is routed from requisition until receipt and payment including aftercare.
- Responsible for first line support in resolving invoice issues with suppliers.
- Monitors deviations of existing pricelists and price agreements and coordinates corrective actions.
- Responsible for Return of Goods process (Credit nota’s).
- Responsible for archiving process.
- Continuously monitors and analyzes inventory levels at internal & external warehouses.
- Optimizes (minimum) stock levels without compromising delivery to customers.
- Suggests opportunities to prevent obsolete stock and lowering inventories.
- Responsible for discard process of obsolete / rejected / expired goods.
- Responsible for compliant way of returning rejected materials to suppliers.
- Maintenance of material planning-related material master data in ERP-system (minimum order quantities, pricing, lead-times, order points, safety stock levels etc.) in close cooperation with Procurement Department.
- Works closely with PDC, TechOps and IPT’s to assist in BoM development for new product introductions.
Performance tracking / management
- Reports key supply chain metrics regarding supplier delivery performance (OTIF), lead-times, inventory levels, safety stock levels.
- Is closely following up performance of TOP 40 suppliers.
- Issues IMS cases for iOTIF misses and coordinates actions between customer, suppliers, SD&PM and Global Procurement.
- Provides weekly information of performance of suppliers to SLT including action steps and timelines.
- Continuous Improvements.
- Based on metrics and business process observations suggests and improves performance based on MPS methodology.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products. We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we can offer
- Salary between €3.300 and €4.000 based on education, experience, knowledge and skills.
- 25 holidays per year.
- 8,33% holiday allowance.
- Full Travel expenses.
- Good pension scheme.
- Overtime will be compensated in time-for-time.
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life.
- An open culture and clear communication.
- Bachelor or Master in Supply Chain, Logistics or related.
- 1-4 years of experience in (production) planning.