Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, Industrial, High Tech
Over deze vacature
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits (‘chips’). ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations in Wilton (USA) and in Veldhoven (The Netherlands).
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are mission-critical for ASML’s internal and external activities.
The Integration ART team within ASML IT creates workflow solutions that enable ASML employees to work more efficiently and effectively, that are quickly adopted and continuously used, and these workflow should provide a consistent user experience across applications, devices and locations. Our work concerns custom workflow applications as well as adaptations to standard software.
Your goal is to understand our user’s needs and requirements and translate them into well-thought out functional and visual designs. You will work closely with the front-end development team to ensure a high-quality implementation of the user-centric designs which are designed according to the ASML Design System & UI guidelines. Furthermore you will pro-actively share challenges, best-practices with your peer designers of the project and the UX&UI Team.
- User Research (Surveys, Interviews, Informal Testing, Usability Testing)
- UX Design (Concept, Wireframes, Interaction, User Validation, Specification writing)
- UI Design (High-Fidelity Designs, Clickable Prototypes)
- Contribute to ASML Design system library
- Assist and challenge the front-end development team in implementing user centric & pixel perfect designs according to the ASML Design System
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- HBO (University of Applied Sciences) or University (Bachelor Degree)
- Background: IMD, CMD, UX, Industrial Design, Interaction Design, or HCI
- Hard skills:
- User Centric Design
- Knowledge of responsive design & mobile design
- Designing for Google Material Design
- Strong experience with Adobe XD and other design tools (Sketch, Axure, Figma)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- 3+ years’ experience
- Soft skills:
- Team player
- Presentation skills.
- Agile experience (Scrum & SAFe)
- Good communication & coordination skills
- Innovative mindset to find technical solutions
- A Positive attitude to self-learning & improvement
- Highly focused and eager to take responsibility
- Ability to plan work and deliver on agreed goals independently.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other disciplines.
- Ability to work under time pressure and rapidly changing project conditions.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Eligible to work in Veldhoven, The Netherlands.