Secondment via YER
High Tech, IT & Telecom, Manufacturing, Logistics & Transportation, Industrial
Over deze vacature
As an IoT cloud engineer, you understand what is needed to design, set up and operate scalable IoT solutions. You will bring insights on what it takes to run an infrastrusture that is scalable, cost-effective and easy to monitor and maintain. You will collaboratively work with IT and business SMEs to ensure delivering high quality end-to-end data ingestion pipelines and well test and monitored data services. You will be expected to share your knowledge and best practices to the junior/medior data engineers in the team.
- You will be designing, developing, testing, documenting the data collection framework. The data collection consists of (complex) data pipelines from (IoT) sensors and low/high level control components to our Data platform.
- You will contribute to develop scalable data pipelines to transform and aggregate data for business use, following software engineering best practices. For these data pipelines you will make use of the best frameworks available for data processing like Spark and Splunk. We are continuously improving on the solutions we use and encourage you to keep challenging the status quo.
- You develop our data services for customer sites towards a product, using (test & deployment) automation, componentization, templates and standardization in order to reduce delivery time of our projects for customers. The product provides insights in the performance of our material handling systems at customers all around the globe.
- You contribute to design and build a CI/CD pipeline, including (integration) test automation for data pipelines. In this process you strive for an ever-increasing degree of automation.
- You help the product deployment team with implementing and commissioning the IT infrastructure.
- You work with the IT department to develop the underlying cloud services.
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast-growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory team!
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent with preferably 5 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience with developing with technologies routinely found in IoT platforms (i.e. MQTT, TCP/IP, AMQP, etc.)
Hands-on experience in Programming:
- Python 3
- Scala/Java (or other JVM based languages)
- Nice to have C#
- DevOps tooling like test automation and CI/CD
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Streaming and/or batch solutions (e.g. Kafka, Cassandra)
- Building data pipelines and managing them in a production environment
- Processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Dask, Flink)
Proficient experience with:
- Cloud solutions such as Microsoft Azure, AWS
- Functional Programming
- Message queues (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Pulsar)