Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Research and Development (R&D) plays a key role in the continuous investment in new products and technologies to strengthen our position and differentiate our products. Software has become an integral part of our products and systems therefore we invest in people to create the most added value!
Our software calculates the optimal balance between store friendliness and utilization. It decides how many pallets are needed for an order, how the cases are stacked and the optimal sequence of cases to the palletizing station. All the while ensuring that pallets are stacked stably. LFL balances these, often conflicting, parameters using state-of-the-art search and optimization algorithms.
As a Software Engineer you are responsible for designing, implementing and testing the Load Forming Logic application. You will set up and review requirements to develop efficient solutions together with stakeholders within the organization. During this process you will analyze risks, solve problems, decompose bottlenecks and generate recommendations for improvements. As an experienced software engineer you will be actively involved in all kinds of architectural, design, development and support activities.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market.
- Bachelor (BSc), Master (MSc) or PhD degree in a relevant software or technical education like computer science/engineering, software engineering, embedded systems, industrial automation
- Good knowledge of (optimization) algorithms and data structures
- Experience with object oriented programming in C# and Java
- You have +/-5 years of relevant working experience
- Experienced in CICD concepts, devenv tooling and workflow integration (Change management, Build, Test, Release) is a plus
- Background in managing development environments, services and tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, PowerShell, ...) is a plus