Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water, Engineering
Over deze vacature
Are you you looking for a key leading as a Buyer within an Aftermarket environment, then please have a look at this challenging job within Howden Thomassen Compressors in Rheden.
- Key leading role in preparing, sourcing, out-sourcing and expediting all Aftermarket machining parts including castings, forgings.
- Role in identifying projects leading to cost-reduction and therewith margin improvement and/or lead-time reduction by improving processes and strategic sourcing and development of (newly identified) suppliers world-wide. This mainly focussed on equipment/suppliers for Revamp applications (= restore current installed compressors).
- Responsible for the procurement process (RFQ, negotiation, supplier selection) in line with the overall sourcing strategy and business needs
- Member of the AFM project team attributed and follow and communicate the status of procurement parts
- Develops and implements Commodity Strategies and Sourcing plans for of high value casting/forging/machining and ETO-items (Engineering to Order). Experience with the procurement and expediting this type of equipment. Sets up and manages bid requests for independently sourced items. Establishes contracts. Works with internal customers to identify understand and translate purchasing needs. Performs related purchasing activities, such as generation of purchase orders within pre-established spending limits and following-up on deliveries
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer 2021 by the Top Employer Institute. You will get the chance to bring in your vision and initiatives, be a leader and work on products and projects we are proud off in a healthy and good atmosphere. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development and of course an attractive salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position.
- English (writing & speaking)
- Dutch (writing & speaking)
- German (nice to have) (spoken over written)
- Industrial Engineering and Management (TBK) or
- Mechanical Engineering with commercial experience or
- Commercial Economics with technical experience or
- Preferable NEVI-I (nice to have)
- Technical/Engineering experience in machining equipment (including castings and forgings)
- Technical education degrees (preferred)
- Commercial experience
- Technical (out)sourcing experience (knows how to read engineering drawnings)
- Good communication and team-player skills
- Experience with ERP
Mobility & Travel Requirements
- Traveling required up to ~5% maximum, in Europe.
Experience: we prefer a candidate that has between 5-10 years of experience in a technical buying / work preparation position.