Marketing & Communication
Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
Over deze vacature
For our client SABIC, YER is looking for an Internal Communications & Social Media professional to work in Sittard (Limburg). It's a full-time, temporary assignment, starting immediately and initially lasting for 7 months, with the possibility of being extended.
The overall job purpose is to support the internal and external communications, including social media, to ensure a consistent output of messages across the locations in the region of Europe, informing our employees and external stakeholders. The role will report to the leader of Global Communications in Europe and act as the focal point for the business and within Corporate Affairs for all regional communication needs.
- Internal Communications needs for all corporate businesses within the European Region, and act as the focal point for the Corporate Communications department. This may include developing internal message for intranet, E-Mail campaigns, developing videos, or content for our digital screens.
- Drive alignment, implementation and consistency of the communications to the overall SABIC Brand strategy and act as an ambassador in Brand governance.
- Prioritize and support any communications needs for internal leadership and transformation programs.
- Support the development of any communication for the Social Media planning in within the European region to be integrated into the Global social media plan.
- Support in internal and external Events & Exhibitions.
- Responsible for the interface with other businesses, including stakeholders within Corporate Communications (Branding, Digital Comms., Media, Gov. Affairs, CSR, Events & Exhibitions).
- Act as liaison with external stakeholders (vendors, agencies, partners) with regard to particular communications activities.
- Motivate, develop, attract and retain talent for the team.
Since SABIC’s founding in 1976 by a royal decree, it has exhibited a remarkable ability to do what others said could not be done.
Ranked among the world’s largest petrochemicals manufacturers, SABIC is a public company based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 70% of the company’s shares are owned by Saudi Aramco, with the remaining 30% publicly traded on the Saudi stock exchange. SABIC’s growth has been nothing short of miraculous. Today, the company has operations in over 50 countries with a global workforce of over 32,000 talented individuals.
SABIC operates through three Strategic Business Units – Petrochemicals, Agri-Nutrients and Specialities – and one standalone organization, Metals (Hadeed). They support customers by identifying and developing opportunities in key end markets such as construction, medical devices, packaging, agri-nutrients, electrical and electronics, transportation and clean energy.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to SABIC. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in communications, ideally with a focus on internal communications and social media
- Writing skills: Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
- Experience in a corporate, technical environment, affinity with IT
- Creative skills: You need the creative ability to devise communication strategies that evolve and change.
- Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology – digital and social media - are essential
- Working well with deadlines
- Ability to switch flexibly between different tasks and to deal with changing priorities