Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, Engineering
Over deze vacature
We are Applications, a key business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create full-stack software products that run in the most modern semiconductor fabs, and we are pushing the boundary of what is possible. It’s an exciting time to be at ASML as we are in the key position to help the world solve semiconductor shortages!
We are striving to make our products more user friendly and grow the UX maturity in ASML. That’s why we need your help. As a UX Designer, you have two main goals:
- Define interaction and UI design for semiconductor metrology applications
- Contribute to the UX maturity at ASML by improving the processes and promoting UX methodologies
You will follow a user-centered design process, understand the problem definition in the semiconductor domain, gather user requirements and translate technical requirements into user needs. Furthermore, you will help to run user research studies and define workflows in close collaboration with other UX designers, product architects, developers, customer service and development and engineering (D&E).
Deliverables and activities:
- Interactive prototypes
- Design specifications
- Final assets
- Use case development
- Conduct and report user research results
- Stakeholder management
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
Master Degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant design experience.
- Excellent data visualization skills and conceptual thinking.
- Extensive experience with prototyping and design tools like Figma, Sketch, Axure.
- Experience with responsive design, enterprise software design, web technologies and working in an agile environment is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Effective communication. You are able to adjust your message and style to a variety of stakeholders to bring your ideas across
- Great teamwork skills
- Ability to balance pragmatism and idealism that comes with the role’s challenges
- Adaptability, proactiveness and positive mindset
- Proficiency in English
Please attach your portfolio that shows your work and the thought process behind it.