Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML has its headquarters in Veldhoven the Netherlands and has R&D and manufacturing operations in North America, Asia and the Netherlands.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and automation and optimization of key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A sub-department within the IT organization is the IT Solution Delivery Corporate Platforms team. This team is responsible for the SAP Platforms of ASML and for Application Platform & Development (Mendix, Java, CICDCT services). The Application Platform & Development Agile Release Train is looking for a scrum master.
Currently the ASML IT department is in an Agile Transformation, in which SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework 5.1) is being implemented.
As Scrum Master you are a servant leader with strong coaching skills and broad Scaled Agile experiences. You train your team(s) on Scrum practices, facilitate Scrum events and continuously stimulate your team(s) to improve to highly autonomous yet highly aligned team(s). You are working in close consultation with the Release Train Engineer, Product Owner and other Scrum Masters in the Agile Release Train for Application Platform & Development. You will be helping your team to reach new heights with regards to predictability, quality and collaboration within the team, but also with other ART’s. All of this includes guidance of an onsite and offshore team.
The Scrum Master works closely together with:
- The Corporate Platforms IT-Group Lead
- The Product Owner for the team(s) you serve and coach
- The Developers in your Agile teams
- Other Scrum Masters in the IT organization (scrum master competence for 10% of your team)
- The Agile Competence Center in ASML and many other stakeholders
- Facilitates the team in getting the work done
- Guides the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Creates transparency and alignment on team speed, quality of deliverables and happiness
- Signals and removes impediments to ensure the Agile team gets the work done
- Facilitates the team into following the technical way of working and ensures quality related to own discipline is secured in the team
- Creates focus in the team by shielding them from external interferences
- Provides analyses of current team rituals, evaluates bottlenecks and advice regarding improvements in team rituals
- Helps the people around the team to understand which interaction with the team is helpful or not
- Coaches the team with handling dependencies and risks
- Aligns with the PO and group lead
- Ensures the pre-conditions are in place to start a work item (Definition of Ready)
- Coaches on agile practices and behavior for everybody in and around the scrum team;
- Builds team and coaches team members to act as a team;
- Acts as a servant leader and escalation level for the team;
- Chairs and drives the rituals (scrum, sprint and program increment), ensures its disciplined execution, helping the team to understand why this is important;
- Drives team level continuous improvement, i.e. challenges the team in view of the agile key performance parameters towards greater efficiency;
- Ensures alignment with other Scrum Masters on dependencies;
- Ensures focus and keeps the teams from getting distracted;
- Ensures collaboration between scrum teams.
- Timely delivery of the committed work items from the team's backlog;
- Facilitation of the team rituals (planning, retrospective, demo, standups, refinement, …);
- Report the status of the team’s Program Increment (PI) objectives;
- Transparency on team performance (metrics);
- Transparency on dependency and risk status;
- Report improvements and actions from the retrospectives;
- Escalations to the release train engineer;
- Ensure the tooling is up-to-date (Jira, ServiceNow);
- Impediment resolution and escalation.
I have the best job in the world because...
- I ensure the team delivers on time;
- I see and help the team grow in their maturity;
- I am a servant leader for the team solving team impediments;
- I drive continuous improvement in the team;
- I can use my wide variety of skills to mentor, coach, facilitate and lead the team and its surroundings;
- I celebrate the successes of my team, and courageously show progress, impediments and improvements actions that are taken.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-motivated, with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Team building and facilitation, removing roadblocks and knows everything about scrum
- Knowledge in Application Platform and/or Development domain
- You’ve been a developer
- Understanding of Cloud concepts / Azure AKS
- Understanding of app development and testing processes
- Understanding of CICDCT tools and processes
- Knowledge in Jira, Jira Align and ServiceNow