Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre, we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with the best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department external engine components & after treatment hardware is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 4 groups; externa 1 and 2,fuel / air & egr and after treatment hardware. For the external 2 group, we have an open position for a design engineer for the next generation engine platform.
In this function you report indirectly to the Supervisor as well as directly to the Project Lead Engineer of the project team. As a design engineer you have a range of responsibilities:
- In cooperation with the design team and suppliers you develop new or adapt existing constructions to meet project targets
- Main activity is related to the design and release process of engine components in CAD , but you are also responsible for initiating supporting activities in other groups such as verification activities at engine and vehicle test, mountingtest at Production etc
- Contribution to simultaneous engineering teams with the engine factory and other parties is part of the job
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Capable of fast in depth expertise for engine knowledge built-up
- Able to design the product together with DAF engineering and the supplier
- Used to handle complex problem design projects and the resulting stress.
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and presentation wise
- CREO & Windchill CAD skills knowledge
- Pro-active, creative and result driven personality
- Clear and structured way of working
- Experience with working in development projects
- Automotive [Engine HW] or knowledge is very beneficial
- Being a projectmanager to your own work