Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
You will play a key role in coordinating the Embedded Engineering activities within the project team realizing the project targets for the Embedded areas hardware and software enabling DAF Trucks to expand their excellent position in the market by making trucks safer to drive, easier to operate in the best possible way to the truck driver. For Embedded Engineering, part of DAF Product Development, we are searching for an Project Lead Engineer Electric Truck.
You will be part of an experienced international team of the Platform Development group of DAF Embedded Engineering that is located in our modern new office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Embedded Engineering has over 130 highly skilled people today. Together they deliver world class engineering in the domains of engine controllers and vehicle controllers.
Next to that, focusing on common software development, Embedded Engineering works closely together with PACCAR Embedded Engineering located in Renton (near Seattle), the USA.
The products developed within Embedded Engineering are applied on DAF trucks but also in the famous PACCAR brands Kenworth and Peterbilt. Through component sales our products are used by leading bus and coach manufacturers.
- Creating and monitoring project plans for software and hardware development from master project plans
- Coordinating EE project activities with internal and external stakeholders to realise project deliverables
- Presenting and reporting project status for Quality, Cost, Timing and Performance (QCTP)
- Monitoring of realization of functions defined in the Project Description book
- Creating budget forecasts and monitoring of budget
- Monitoring of technical in line with strategies defined by line management
- Initiating and defining risk analysis and validation plans
- Organise project status stand-ups with EE project teams members
- Distributing know-how between specialists and engineering team members
The Project Lead Engineer reports to the Engineer Manager EE Platform Development with respect to process, quality and to the corresponding Project Manager for project status.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Technical education on college/university level with at least 4 year experience in leading projects (preferably in the automotive domain)
- Experience with coordination of multiple engineers in different domains
- Experience with creating and monitoring of project plans (preferably in MS Project)
- Team player, pro-active, strong analytical skills, problem solving attitude
- Experience with monitoring, reporting and presenting project status to management
- Experience with hardware and software development within the embedded systems domain (automotive is an asset)
- Experience with creating of requirement specifications for software and hardware components
- Experience with change management and defect management processes
- Experience with initiating and defining risk analysis and validation plans
- Knowledge of requirement management
- Knowledge of design for Six Sigma methodology
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes (according the V-cycle)
- Knowledge of hardware design processes for Embedded components
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques is preferred
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with Dutch (or at least willingness to learn Dutch)