Secondment via YER
High Tech, IT & Telecom, Engineering, Logistics & Transportation, Industrial
Over deze vacature
You are ready to compete in the industry of automation machines in baggage systems, warehouses & mail sorting machines as Linux Specialist in the ICT Projects Department.
You are a Linux Specialist with Suse Linux knowledge (the current version and previous versions).
You have worked with Ubuntu and you know everything about Debian and Red Hat.
Some knowledge about Ansible and playbooks is very useful.
You will be part of the ICT Projects department, which is responsible for implementing and supporting the customer IT infrastructure. The IT infrastructure is an integral part of the automated material handling systems that we provide to our customers. The ICT projects department develops the IT infrastructure products and processes used for the customer implementations, implements various customer solutions worldwide and helps the support departments with the lifecycle management of the customer thereafter. Your responsibility is to install and configure the Linux Servers.
In this position, you will be part of a dynamic team that implement the ICT Infrastructure during project execution for our customers worldwide. You will work closely with fellow ICT engineers that are responsible for the product development and / or the service and support of the customer systems. As the Linux Specialist you ensure, during implementation, that the projects are according to our standard when delivered to the customer.
As a goal oriented, proactive, creative and open minded professional you will need to build up an internal network so that you can work efficiently. You will need to align with but also support, train and advise your colleagues from various Vanderlande teams on the ICT projects standards and challenges.
You are responsible for:
- Installation, configuration, testing and commissioning of customer-specific IT infrastructure solutions as part of projects
- In-house test support
- Error analysis and troubleshooting during project execution
- Supporting the IT service with system expansion and updates to our customers
- Participation in the review and development of new IT solutions.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Amazon and Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Your key competences
- Linux expertise,
- Suse Linux
- Ubuntu and Debian
- Red Hat
- Automation skills in Ansible and other automation tools/languages. i.e. Python/Powershell
Other beneficial competences/tools
- Infrastructure Monitoring (OP5)
- Incident Management (Topdesk)
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- Virtual Routers (VYOS)