Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, Consultancy, Engineering
Over deze vacature
Purpose of the Job
- Create the environment for teams and individuals to be able to continuously improve the Agile and DevOps Way of Working.
Role and responsibilities
Key Areas of Responsibility (KAR’s)
- Inspire and facilitate continuous improvement of the Agile and DevOps way of working
- Ensure teams understand and follow guiderails and ASML frameworks
- Ensure teams are pragmatic in their approach within the guiderails and ASML frameworks
- Facilitating workshops on different topics
- The Agile Coach has no financial responsibility. However, they have an important role to safeguard that the investment (~ 4.000 k over 2020 and 2021) being done in the Agile Transformation has a lasting impact and the benefits will be achieved over time.
Products/services/technology and market dynamics:
The service provided to the organization is to support teams and individuals to relentless improve.
Following products are used to this:
- Coaching Plan for Agile and DevOps
- Insight in coaching need(s)
- Insight in improvements for the team
- Insight in progress of improvements
- Insight in risks & impediments
Position in the value chain:
- My position is special since I am not part of any value chain but I help to improve the different value chains by coaching the players on both leadership level as team level in these value streams.
Other relevant organizational aspects:
- Management of IT is managing the IT organization as if it is a system, applying Systems Thinking. Agile Coaches are both the eyes and ears in the system informing IT Management on flaws in the system, and being the change agents to help deploying (corrective) changes in the system.
Key Issues Facing Your Job :
- Dealing with team dynamics
- Lack of commitment due to changing priorities
- Balance between short - and long term goals
- Dealing with senior positions in Leadership
- Coaching is not always seen as an added value
Key Decisions :
- Key decisions are related to adjusting the services I provide towards the needs of the related teams based on analysis. These decisions can be found in the Coaching Plan.
- This role is not a hierarchical role and therefore there are no direct reports for this role. However, all agile coaches are part of a Competence Team in which they align and share knowledge.
- Within IT there is a significant group of external coaches that have a similar role.
- Also outside IT in D&E Agile Coaches are being used.
Other significant relationships – internal:
- Agile coaches have significant and intense relation with the teams and individuals the coach. These teams and individuals are on different levels; scrum teams, team of teams, Leading Coalition but also management related to the agile teams and business stakeholders.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Agile Leadership/ Situational Leadership
- Group Facilitation
- Metrics and Trend Analysis
- Planning & Organization
- Visual Management
- Strong Motivator
- Networking & Communication