Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
As a senior software engineer you are responsible for designing, programming, testing and maintaining High Level Control software. This software implements business logic in material handling systems and forms the part of our systems that interact with the users. The, often complex, functionality of the software includes business logic, controls for logistical transport, communication with external computer systems, reporting, data analysis and simulation. This functionality is spread across the various components of the HLC suites.
You take the lead in designing, programming and testing the software based on a design concept and a set of requirements. In some cases, you will have to personally formulate these requirements together with the (end) users and/or internal stakeholders.
If you’re an enthusiastic, experienced, result-driven and versatile senior software engineer with a hands-on attitude, you will excel at:
- Creating application designs and implement these in code
- Participating in software and system design for large and complex projects
- Having a proactive attitude towards continuous improvement (process, methods, techniques, etc..)
- Analysing, troubleshooting and fixing internally and externally encountered problems and requested changes
- Supporting testing and integration of SW Components
- Being a committed team player and lead in an Agile team including planning and reporting
- Taking part in communities of practice
- Providing support within the team and to outside stakeholders
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 5 years of working experience as a software engineer
- C# /.NET (including WPF)
- Design principles such as Domain Driven Design, SOLID
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- XML/XSD and/or REST APIs
- Container based deployment (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Requirements Management, Change Management, Version Control tools (Git / BitBucket, JIRA, Bamboo)
- The Agile methodology, including Scrum and Kanban
- Both oral and written English. Dutch is an advantage.