Contract with Client
Over deze vacature
Exciting position for a Legal Counsel with senior corporate and M&A experience at Ingka (IKEA) Group. Are you that person who is able to provide business minded and pragmatic legal support on all corporate related matters, with a strong focus on M&A? Then please apply!
We are pleased to be recruiting for one of the world’s leading retail organisations, Ingka (IKEA) Group. The businesses of Ingka (IKEA) Group are on a growth journey and therefore the legal team is expanding. Part of that expansion will be a legal counsel with senior experience in M&A and Dutch corporate law.
Ingka (IKEA) Group has a flat organisation, and you will be a business partner to all internal stakeholders, including the Group’s investment teams. The position is based in the global head office in Leiden and is very well reachable by public transport. You will:
- Provide business minded legal support and drive the legal aspects in M&A projects (e.g. reviewing, drafting and negotiating transaction documentation);
- Provide legal support on various corporate matters (e.g. corporate governance and structuring);
- Have a responsible position as business partner to all group functions (e.g. finance, tax) and business lines (IKEA Retail, Ingka Investments, Ingka Centres);
- Have a close cooperation with and a direct reporting line into the head of the legal corporate and M&A department; and
- Occasional travel.
Ingka (IKEA) Group is the world’s biggest franchisee of the IKEA Concept and a global leader in the home furnishing business. It’s a truly value-driven organisation and its vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. Ingka (IKEA) Group has three business lines: IKEA Retail, Ingka Investments and Ingka Centres. IKEA Retail is the core business of Ingka (IKEA) Group and operates 392 IKEA stores across 32 markets, welcoming yearly 657 million visitors to its stores and 4.3 billion to IKEA.com. Ingka Centres creates meeting places around the globe, with an IKEA store anchored in each centre. Through Ingka Investments, the Group makes strategic and venture capital investments enabling the growth of its business and ensuring a positive contribution for people and our planet.
As the world around us is quickly changing, IKEA’s industry changes and it's determined to stay in the lead. This is why Ingka (IKEA) Group is completely updating its business model. In the biggest transformation in the Group’s history, it’s simplifying what they do – and how they do it. The aim is to become more convenient, affordable and sustainable for the many people.
- Working at a truly purpose driven and global leading retail organisation with an ambitious growth strategy.
- Global head office position in an international working environment.
- Competitive salary and attractive secondary benefits (such as a pension scheme, bonus scheme, 30 holidays, NS Business Card and 15% discount at IKEA).
- Senior experience in Dutch corporate law and (international) M&A gained through 7 - 10 years of working experience in a law firm and/or in-house.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written and verbally) with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels with different stakeholders.
- Accurate and solution driven legal business partner with sound judgment and understanding of business needs and strategic drivers.
- Down to earth, flexible, hands-on, proactive and get the job done mentality.
- Team player who is also able to work independently.
- Future oriented - see what is around the corner and translate this into potential legal impact for the business.
- Leading by example - willing to act on and stand up for the IKEA Key Values at all times.