Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
You combine a strong analytical and conceptual mind with a pragmatic attitude. You are able to work independently in a dynamic and complex environment, taking the lead and inspiring your colleagues in going the extra mile. You possess a resilient personality, with both feet on the ground, qualifying you as an individual not easy to overlook. You see the big picture without missing the important details, and you have experience with managing complex deliverables.
If you recognize yourself in the above, then we are looking for you! Join our enthusiastic and committed team in developing the vacuum solutions for our next generation of EUV scanners and bring ASML’s vacuum competence to the next level!
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the Vacuum Architecture group specifies, designs and delivers vacuum & gas flow based EUV scanner solutions and controls to secure high and stable EUV transmission of the optical column while protecting the in-vacuum optics, reticles & wafers from molecular and particle contamination.
We are looking for an experienced vacuum expert to strengthen the our team.
You are working on the translation of the overall system design into a gas flow & vacuum architecture that secures the requirements for sustained transmission over the scanner optics lifetime and suppression of molecular and particle contamination, throughout the optical column and beyond. You analyze data, create the budgets for flow & pressure as well as particle and molecular contamination. You define model and design validation tests on the exposure tool or on offline test setups and evaluate the measurement results to set the path forward and come up with new solutions that take us to the next level. Where needed, you will negotiate with other projects to optimize the specifications and work out X-project solutions to complex problems.
Next to your experience in gas flows and particle transport you also have good knowledge of vacuum systems and components, enabling you to make the right design choices to achieve the challenging targets for cleanliness and machine availability. You make sure that the architecture or subsystem is working as intended, by involvement from the early design phase until the final integration, together with your team.
Finally, with your expertise you contribute to the knowledge growth of our group, working together and coaching your team members.
- Translate overall system design into a gas flow & vacuum architecture that secures the requirements for sustained transmission over the scanner optics lifetime and suppression of molecular and particle contamination
- Design gas flow architecture and implementation proposals in EUV litho tool, quantify (predictive & experimental) the performance, create design specifications on gas flow, (partial) pressure and outgassing
- Negotiate, define, document and present the specifications of the architecture or subsystem
- Steer modelling and analyzes to predict and evaluate the functionality of the flow architecture
- Take care of the functional integration of the architecture or subsystem: prove, document and present its proper functioning with offline and machine tests
- Be a critical partner to our internal and external customers, provide direction and advise on solutions
- Contribute to the group competence growth by research, experimental testing and/or cooperation with external research partners
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to join as Engineering Professional and to combine challenging assignments with extensive application and career guidance. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive salary according to the standards of our clients
- 25 holidays per year and the option to buy more holidays
- A temporary or permanent contract with YER
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme according to STIPP
- Every hour of overtime will be compensated
- Open and transparent communication with your personal consultant
- Free Dutch classes
- Personal career coaching from our occupational psychologists
- Broad technical and soft skills training opportunities
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study.
- 5-7 years work experience in industry in related area in technical complex environment
- Experience with gas flow transport phenomena and/or aerodynamics engineering
- Theoretical and practical experience with vacuum systems and applications related to the field of vacuum and sub-atmospheric gas flows
- Experience with vacuum component selection and vacuum system design and integration
- Experience in the semiconductor industry is preferred