Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
The Purchasing Non Product Related department consists of 15 employees and is responsible for the purchase of all goods and services, which are not directly incorporated in the final product. Within this department there is a distinction between various product groups such as; Logistics & Supply Chain Engineering, Marketing & Sales, IT, HR, Facility Services, Maintenance Repair Operations supplies (MRO) and Capital & Investment.
As a purchaser logistics, also known as a Purchasing Manager Logistics (internally called a Commodity Manager Logistics), you are responsible for the entire purchasing process of transport and logistic service activities. As a Purchasing Manager Logistics, you are involved in the development process for new processes and services from at an early stage, and you are the link between external suppliers and internal customers.
- You are responsible for selecting suppliers and carry out contract negotiations. This is done by focusing on quality, price and reliability of supply;
- Based on key performance indicators, you demand continuous improvement from your suppliers;
- You strive to involve suppliers as early as possible in our development processes;
- You also continuously undertake market research and benchmarking in order to benefit from new trends in the global supplier market.
As Purchasing Manager Logistics, you will report to the Unit Manager.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
- In the end this is a fixed position starting as a contractor at YER.
- The max. salary for the job is €85k/year
- You have a completed bachelor or master degree;
- NEVI 1 and 2 diplomas are preferred;
- Several years' experience in purchasing and in-depth knowledge of logistics and the market. You may also have gained experience in Transport or Logistics in a different role;
- You have experience in working internationally and a good knowledge of English and Dutch;
- You have good communication skills and are entrepreneurial.