Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water
Over deze vacature
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Control Engineer who will join our team and assist us in making a valuable difference in the century to come. The Control Engineer will be a core member of our Engineering Department.
- Creating documents (drawings and specifications) of control systems of a compressor system.
- Define and test the required control software.
- Providing input and advice to the Lead Engineer related to controls.
- Align with suppliers and clients on the technical requirements, documents and quality of the product.
- Initiating internal improvement and standardization projects.
- Initiating projects on continuous improvement and standardization in Engineering.
- Attending to HAZOP and SIL studies and providing input on control part of the scope of supply.
- Attending FAT and inspection at suppliers site.
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer 2021 by the Top Employer Institute. You will get the chance to bring in your vision and initiatives, be a leader and work on products and projects we are proud off in a healthy and good atmosphere. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development and of course an attractive salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering;
- Technical knowledge in the field (hazardous areas) of control technology and adjacent facets (instrumentation (instruments, control valves, control cabinets) and electrical (motors)).
- Knowledge of control panel hardware and visualization software.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of process technology.
- Highly motivated to deliver high standards under pressure and is results focused.
- Good communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Pro-active behavior.
- Good team player.
- Fluent English communication skills, both written and verbal. French and/or Dutch are desired.
- Knowledge of ATEX / IECEx directives.
- Willingness to travel (appr 10%).