Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Our client offers a challenging career step for an IT support professional that wants to excel in the mechanical CAD domain.
Are you looking for an international oriented and dynamic organization where you will be involved in the roll-out and continuous development of NX from day one? And where you will have plenty of career options?
As application engineer you support the internal customers in R&D and you contribute to the success of the company by realizing state-of-the-art IT solutions.
With your background in mechanical CAD and / or IT, you will be involved from day one in the further development of the NX platform. Within this project you are the IT specialist and responsible for delivering an NX platform that is giving a competitive advantage for R&D on the one hand and is easy to support on the other hand. This means you translate concepts into smart working procedures and IT systems. You are proactive in initiating improvements to benefit your internal stakeholders.
Next to that you will be responsible for providing 2nd and 3rdline support.
You will be part of the mechanical CAD team (3 professionals) that is based both in Venlo and Poing. Together, you deliver world-wide support on the CAD-M environment to over 100 mechanical engineers in the R&D and manufacturing centres in Venlo and Munich. You will also be involved in aligning with the worldwide group (Japan).
Next to analysis of problems, you are strong in proactively signalling opportunities for innovation and improvements. In order to be successful in this role, you are a strong communicator both towards the own internal engineers and towards external suppliers.
This company is located in Venlo, the Netherlands, employs around 1900 people. The main activities are R&D, manufacturing and logistics of large format, sheet fed and cut sheet printing systems as well as supporting consumables and spare parts. A number of staff departments support these activities.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
We are looking for an ambitious, studious IT support professional who wants to excel in the mechanical CAD domain. Furthermore, you meet the following requirements:
- Professional with a BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering and / or IT
- Experience in a similar role and NX is a pre but not a precondition
- Programming skills (.NET, VB, C++, C#) are a plus
- Can-do professional, able to create verified and validated on-demand solutions
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English. Dutch or German is a big plus
- Strong analytics skills
- Able to translate customer wishes into functional specifications and implementations
- Good communicator and good at managing stakeholders (customers, suppliers and colleagues at all levels in the organization)
- Permission to work in the Netherlands