Contract with Client
Over deze vacature
An interesting challenge for a service oriented, pragmatic corporate business partner who wants to contribute to a worldwide, steady and well-known family owned company. This position offers you the opportunity to contribute to the optimization, digitization and growth strategy of Van Leeuwen, since the integration of the two leading companies in their field has been successfully done.
As Corporate Business Controller you will be part of the corporate finance team which operates from the headquarter located in Zwijndrecht. In this role you will be responsible for corporate business controlling tasks in which you work closely with your colleagues of the HQ, local finance teams and business stakeholders to create insight, evaluate business performance, monitor internal controls, and set goals to achieve Van Leeuwen’s strategy.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare and participate in the periodic review meetings with local management and executive board members and secure follow-up on agreed actions.
- Act as the corporate controller of the global project organization (GPO). You will be the go-to finance person for this important part of Van Leeuwen.
- Act as the controller of the corporate IT department that is managing the worldwide infrastructure & business applications, supporting the 2,500 employees around the globe in their daily operations.
- Play an important role in the budget process.
- Act as corporate finance prime contact for other regions.
- Improve the control framework and reporting.
- Digitization of processes and the further roll-out of SAP S4 HANA system. This is one of the key drivers for success in the coming years.
The Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group is an international distribution company specializing in steel pipes, and pipe and tube applications. The family-owned company, with its head office in Zwijndrecht, the Netherlands, was founded in 1924 and is active in virtually all industrial sectors. The Group has close to a hundred branches spread throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, and North America. Van Leeuwen’s 2,500 employees have specialist knowledge of sourcing, processing, project management, logistics and stock planning and work closely together with customers in its markets. The combination of global logistics and knowledge of products and customer applications makes Van Leeuwen a leading company in its markets.
Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group: www.vanleeuwen.com
In addition to an excellent remuneration package, investing in personal and functional development of its employees is important for Van Leeuwen and therefore they offer excellent development opportunities. Working at Van Leeuwen means working in a challenging market, a dynamic working environment with a worldwide network of highly motivated national and international colleagues.
- Salary per period
- 14th period
- Profit sharing
- Laptop en mobile phone
- 27 vacation days
As Corporate Business Controller you have strong communication skills and the ability to influence and drive decisions, to contribute to the optimization and growth strategy. Being successful in this position means that, as a team player and steady business partner, you will bring corporate finance to the next level. You have a flexible and pragmatic mentality.
What experience and skills you must have:
- Higher education or university degree (finance or economics related).
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in a controlling role, at an international company.
- Been exposed to or responsible for (operational) business partnership.
- Strong analytical skills and basic accountancy knowledge.
- A drive to improve processes.
- Experience in a headquarter role is preferred.
- Proficient in fluent spoken and written English (Dutch is an advantage).