Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you have experience with electrical systems within the automotive industry, and do you want to be a key integrator between supplier and internal departments at DAF? Take a look at this position.
As a senior engineer vehicle electronics you are primarily responsible for the realization of the correct functioning of the vehicle system during the development phase, production run, series production, customer and service aspects. You will be involved in the specification and development of new and modified electrical systems (e.g. ADAS systems, Cabin systems, Driveline systems) and components, which are part of the total electrical system of the vehicle, and you take care of the documentation, which is required for EOL- and dealer applications for the test system development. You will be involved in electrical energy management of the vehicle, you are primarily responsible for applying the correct battery for each application and determine the current consumption of systems at different use cases to ensure an adequate battery lifetime and prevent break down of the vehicle caused by empty batteries. You play a role as integrator between supplier and other internal departments, such as Marketing, After Sales, Production, Purchasing and Testing, where the main focus is at in the right way specifying the functional systems (hardware and software) and providing monitoring of the entire development process.
The department Product Development Vehicle Electrics/Electronics is responsible for the application and development of electrical and electronic vehicle systems. The majority of development is outsourced, with an increasing focus on detailed specification of intended functional behaviour of mechatronic systems. Application Software development is done by the supplier, or by the DAF Embedded Engineering Department.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- HTS/TU Electrical Engineering/Automotive Engineering/Computer Science.
- Experience with Mat-lab/Simulink/State flow is preferred.
Knowledge & experience with:
- PC and Windows platform.
- Electrical/electronic systems of the vehicle.
- CAN network applications on vehicles.
- Low voltage battery technology
- Energy management
- Independence, initiative and focus on results.
- Knowledge and experience in the area of coordination and planning is an advantage.
- Team player.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English, and preferably also German.