Over deze vacature
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The growing complexity of our machines and our aim to deliver higher quality faster, is creating a lot of focus on the area of Engineering Simulation at ASML. In our department of IT Product & Technology (P&T) Solution Delivery, we are looking for an experienced IT automation expert who likes working in a multidisciplinary team and who would like to be part of one of the biggest high-tech communities worldwide.
Our team’s mission is to provide a world-class digital service to the global Engineering Simulation community that is ‘fit for purpose’ for each user. This workplace solution contains VDI, HPC, cloud and storage components and applications where the provisioning and maintenance can be optimized using automation.
Your mission as part of this team is to contribute towards innovative solutions by automating the repeating manual activities, and to help provide a stable and agile work environment for our (internal) customers.
You will be part of a DevOps team, the SIMS team in IT Product & Technology (P&T) Solution Delivery, consisting of 7 people and growing, which is part of the Agile Release Train “Hardware Engineering Simulation” of about 20 people.
The team you will be working in:
Consists of various roles including application support, incident management, technical application management, IT landscape management, architecture, data analytics and process automation;
Supports and maintains the Engineering Simulation applications on Linux and Windows;
Is responsible for the design and maintenance of the digital simulation workspace platform where our team acts as the service provider of solutions using out of the box IT components such as VDI, storage, HPC and cloud.
Context of the position
At ASML, we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high-tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. As part of the product development of these complex machines, virtual physics simulation is used to validate the design against certain sets of requirements before moving into physical prototyping and production.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities. A department within the IT organization is IT P&T Solution Delivery; this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s Research and Development & Engineering (D&E) organizations. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way, and we look at innovating the services.
IT P&T Solution Delivery supports multiple development disciplines such as: mechanical, optical, electrical and software engineering. The Infra Automation & Integration Expert we are looking for will be part of the SIMS team, supporting mechanical, fluid dynamics and optical engineering simulation applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Group Leader for Engineering Simulation of the IT P&T Solution Delivery - Hardware department.
Education and experience
Minimum Bachelor level or equivalent in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- 8+ years of proven experience working in complex IT infrastructure environments;
- Proven competence in working with automation and CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Ansible Tower, Puppet, git, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Proven knowledge in one or more scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell;
- General knowledge of Engineering IT components as for instance Linux (RedHat), Windows (Server), NetApp storage, security and others;
- Good knowledge of IT workplace infrastructure like: Remote Workplace, Windows Server, Citrix XenApp/VDI, Cloud enablement;
- Preferably experience with Cloud automation pipelines;
- Knowledge and understanding of services and processes (ITIL, Agile, SAFe);
- Preferably experience in system implementation / change management within production organizations and/or eager to learn in this area.
Skills and experience
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player, good social skills, service and customer-oriented, ability to motivate people;
- Shows initiative and problem-solving attitude;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, fluent in English spoken and written language;
- Independent, accurate, analytical mindset, systematic approach;
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.