Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Marel is developing several new technical platforms that enables us to be the digital partner of choice for the food processing industry, and enable customers to sustainably maximize value creation by providing the platform for interconnectivity and optimization.
The Digital Engine is one of such platforms, and it provides the infrastructure that enables standardized and fast development of digital products that drive this optimized value creation. The Digital engine is a computer/IoT device, integrated in the machine that provides remote access and deployment, convenient application execution within containers and an all-purpose HMI framework for universal machine interfaces.
For our Digital Engine, many equipment and machines need to be connected to the cloud via an IoT edge. In your job you’ll work closely with R&D development teams to find out how data needs to be translated and ingested from different machines into a common data model. For this, you build software on the IoT edge and may adapt software in the PLC programs that expands monitoring capabilities on our equipment. Your work also covers setting up alarm management used for collecting alarms, managing alarm definitions and hierarchy in the platform.
Together with a team of five, you make sure that the landscape of cloud-connected machines will grow on a steady pace and thus contribute to the development of software that supports Marel’s vision of transforming the way food is processed.
This connectivity team where you will be part of is part over a bigger department that has over 90 engineers distributed over 4 development locations in Gardabaer (IS), Boxmeer (NL), Aarhus (DK) and Seattle (US).
Keywords for this job are C# .NET, IoT, Azure, Linux, Docker, Git, OPC UA, HTML/CSS, APIs (REST, GraphQL, gRPC, Scrum, International Software organization
Marel is a global leader in transforming the way food is processed. They support the production of high quality, safe and affordable food by providing software, services, systems and solutions to the fish, meat and poultry processing industries. Sustainability is at the core of their business, their groundbreaking solutions reduce waste while improving yields and creating economic value. With a network of over 7,000 people in over 30 countries, they are always close by and ready to help.
From the first spark of inspiration to implementing a solution, they are committed to excellence in everything they do.
Skills and Abilities
- Good design and coding skills with the ability to pick up new languages, tools and design patterns.
- Familiar with Agile software development frameworks like Scrum.
- Familiar with embedded software development, Azure development and/or PLC development and willing to learn in all of these areas.
- Good groundings in source control management.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Result-driven with good analytical skills.
- Bachelor degree or higher, in Computer Science or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in object-oriented programming languages.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with and comfortable working in a multicultural, multidiscipline organization is an advantage.