Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, High Tech
Over deze vacature
ASML – the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry – has prioritized to apply Cloud throughout its IT services landscape. The Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) is responsible for developing and operating the Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform that is used within all regions where ASML has a significant presence.
As an Azure Solution Architect, you work closely together with DevOps teams in their effort to develop and deploy solutions on Azure. This can by solution design, sharing knowledge, co-creating, agreeing on a joint milestone planning, discuss cost management aspects and/or set-up a PoC/MVP yourself.
This role is part of the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE). This team vision is to provide a flexible and reliable automated cloud platform to enable accelerated and sustainable adoption of cloud across ASML and maximizing the ability to realize its benefits while reducing risks, supporting ASML's growth and bring innovative cloud solutions to the
Role and responsibilities
As an Azure Solution Architect, you will be a member of the Customer Team, part of the Cloud Center of Excellence.
The objective of this Customer Team is to support DevOps team in designing and deploying solution on the Azure platform.
- Provide expertise and leadership regarding cloud architecture for both infrastructure and applications in Azure
- Contribute to technical road-maps for future Azure cloud implementations
- Participate and contribute in cloud architecture for cloud based applications
- Together with DevOps teams create solution design using cloud native patterns were possible
- Assist with improving automation capabilities of the DevOps teams (e.g. using CI/CD toolset)
- Detect new needed cloud services to be developed and align with CCoE product owner Public
- Review and/or approve technical solutions – assurance of compliance with directives, standards and guidelines
- Ensure that the implementation is in line with design
- Ensures security and reliability is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions
- Create a joint planning with the DevOps team and drive progress
- Discuss cloud cost management and cost forecast with the DevOps team to raise cost awareness and ensure the team plans for budget
- Develop PoC/PoV as and when required
- Acts as a subject-matter expert around Azure for ASML
- Document the solution design and all other relevant information
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
Bachelor’s/Master degree in IT, Business Management, Computer Science or Electronics
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an Azure Solution Architect
- Proficient knowledge of Azure
- Experience in setting up enterprise level account structures and security models in Azure
- Designing, configuring and using IaaS services (like VM, Azure Kubernetes Services, networking, storage)
- Designing, configuring and using PaaS services (like WebApp, Database services, Kubernetes, Data Lake, Databricks etc.)
- Working in Azure DevOps
- Extensive knowledge in cloud based data integration patterns and architectures
- Troubleshooting complex scenarios related to an Application Deployment
- Engineering and coding skills applied in an agile way.
- Proven track record in road mapping, technical architecture design, solution definition, project management/execution, change/risk management
- Work experience from large, international companies and have dealt with or worked for global service providers.
Skills and experience
- Passionate about driving new technology solutions (change)
- Recognized industry expert with knowledge sharing mentality
- Good communication and presentation skills (selling the solution)
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Is able to deliver high quality and value-added advices, based on accurate and objective interpretation of needs, of the internal and/or external stakeholders
- Able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including non-verbal communication); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience, and the ability to listen effectively to others and give constructive feedback to others
- Good customer focus and customer facing skills
- Able to execute a task in a good manner and with good results with limited supervision