Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water
Over deze vacature
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal Compressors B.V. (HTC), is located in Rheden the Netherlands, and is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to international refining, (petro)chemical, oil, gas, utility and offshore industries for over 100 years. HTC designs, manufactures and tests reciprocating and centrifugal compressors and systems, and inspects, overhauls, repairs, maintains, rerates and modernizes equipment, supplies spare parts and provides customer training for reciprocating and centrifugal compressors.
- Perform/supervise the installation and commissioning and start-up activities of new reciprocating compressor systems
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on rotating equipment, such as reciprocating and centrifugal compressors, and steam turbines
- Ensuring all activities are performed in accordance to both Howden and customer safety standards
- Provide technical services and advise on varied and complex nature ensuring compliance with Howden standards as well as customer’s standards and procedures
- Responsible for all activities related to service and repair or maintenance products taken on for service/repair
- Be an advisor and a first contact for the customer, reporting both externally and internally
- Perform service activities in Rheden if needed
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer 2021 by the Top Employer Institute. You will get the chance to bring in your vision and initiatives, be a leader and work on products and projects we are proud off in a healthy and good atmosphere. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development and of course an attractive salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position.
- A technical qualification from an institute of higher professional education, such as a B.Eng. (Mechanical or Marine Engineering)
- Several years of experience as a Field Service Engineer on rotating equipment, specifically reciprocating and centrifugal compressors, and steam turbines or a just graduated Bachelor Engineering (Mechanical or Marine Engineering) who wants to learn the skills of a Field Service Engineer and has no problem to be away from home for a longer period of time
- A good knowledge of maintenance concepts and process techniques
- Practical experience in the fields of electrical engineering, lubrication, measuring techniques, instrumentation and control technology, and hydraulic & pneumatic systems
- Reporting in English must be of a good standard
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is preferred, but not essential
- The successful candidate is safety minded and enjoys working both independently, as well as within a team. You should have a flexible attitude, a creative practical approach, and solid written and spoken communication skills. Other key characteristics are customer orientation, a sense of responsibility, inner drive, ability to cope with stress and analytical thinking. Candidates must be willing to travel and be posted abroad for extended periods (1-9 weeks).