Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
The Mechanical Development Lead Engineer needs to lead different workpackages technically as also the project management part within a project. In this role, you have the opportunity to be responsible for the product development (mechanical engineering and documentation) in the development, realization and aftercare of innovative products. Within this role you will be linked to our innovation area IPL.
• You develop new and optimize existing product concepts within cross-functional teams.
• You support function development via defining and realizing models and test set-ups.
• You define, create the mechanical construction including 3-D models and 2-D drawings of new products.
• You do or lead, the detail design of Key Components, and you support their realization.
• You proof, that the design meets the requirements by means of tolerance analysis, material selection, stress and deformation calculations, simulations etc.
• You manage the Product Documentation (the BOM and the Design History File).
• You do the root-cause analysis of production problems and consumer complaints.
• You lead several work packages simultaneously within a larger project technically as well as the project management part
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- To work in a dynamic and driven team in which you can grow and gain experience in a multinational environment
- Working for a world player can help you to further your career
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
You have a background in Mechanical / Bio-mechanical engineering. You have a proven track record and experience ( at least 3 yrs.) in development and realization of new consumer products in a R&D environment. You have experience in one or more relevant fields of competency for consumer products, such as mechanics, plastics (polymers), rubber materials, common manufacturing techniques, etc.
• a Masters or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering .
• Experience with consumer products (mechanical construction).
• Experience in mechanical design and product documentation.
• Knowledge of plastic materials (used in design for consumer products).
• Experience in CAD design using CREO.
• Experience in FE Analysis using Ansys (definition of boundary conditions and analysis of the results is the minimum).
• Experience in cooperation in a multi-site multi-partner development environment.
• Preferably you are familiar with Design for Six Sigma.
• Experience in developing largely mechanical consumer products.
• Experience in project management as project manager or obtained differently
• An extra would be if you have experience in the development of medical devices
• An abstract, analytical, and creative thinker.
• Open minded towards other disciplines and companies in the field of product development.
• An excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes.
• Able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally.
• Always looking for perfection. You don't accept under performance or poor results. You have a quality mindset.
• Fluent in English.