Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Introduction to the job
Is it your strength to write down the best way to manufacture and service our machines in the factory and field and describe unambiguously the procedures necessary to do so? Do you understand how to translate technical details to executable steps and clear pictures? Do you like to work together with engineers and enjoy writing procedures according to the predefined standard? Then the job of technical author for Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering might be just the one for you!
You will create or edit all technical documentation (Procedure, PCS, FCO, Newsflash, comments, etc.) for Equipment and/or Manufacturing Engineering and be the main interface for all authoring related issues, tooling and processes.
Role and responsibilities
You are responsible to create and maintain the technical communication needed to mechanically build and service our machines in the factory and field, based on the input of the manufacturing and equipment engineers. Your support structurally improves the quality and usability of our procedures.
- Convert input from engineers and/or development documentation into effective technical documentation for ASML products according to the specifications and standards.
- Create and modify procedures for factory and service operations.
- Create and make changes to illustrations and convert illustrations to the required publishing format.
- Use documentation tools and apply the ASML style to the created or modified documents.
- Specify requirements concerning illustrations, technical input or user feedback.
- Signal problems with technical documentation and propose scenarios for solutions or escalate.
- Acts as a first point of contact on issues with documentation relating to the various projects and for handling incoming comments.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
D&E and Mechanical Development
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The cluster Mechanical Development (MDEV) is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
Handling & Transport Technology
The department Handling & Transport Technology drives the industrialization aspects of mechanical designs, meeting manufacturing and service requirements of ASML products during the entire life cycle.
The group Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering is responsible for the industrialization of ASML products, embedding a system’s industrial performance (cycle time, reliability, availability, and cost) into the specifications, and performing work preparation for the system build in ASML’s factories and for the use and maintenance at customer sites.
Education and experience
Master or bachelor degree and trained as a technical author.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Author.
- Experience in the use of CMS and XML authoring is preferred.
- Fluent in written English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Broad technical and business knowledge.
- Good one-on-one communication skills.
- Focused on quality, continuous improvement.
- Team player.
- Affinity with installations and interconnections.