Secondment via YER
Food, Feed, Pharma, High Tech, Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
For D.O.R.C. in Zuidland, we are recruiting a Demand Planner.
Do you want to play an important role in optimizing the supply chain? And are you ready for a next step in your career? And would you like to work in a fast-growing, driven and dynamic environment where no day is the same? Then read on quickly.
As a Demand Planner you play an important role in the timely delivery of our products. You determine the sales forecast in close collaboration with the sales- and marketing teams. Based on your sales forecast, the production and the supply teams need to ensure the requested products and quantities are put in stock to serve our customers worldwide. You are the link between Sales (worldwide), Customer Service, Planning & Scheduling and the other departments in terms of supply and demand of the products. You analyse the sales figures and optimize the forecast for the existing product portfolio and innovations. In this role you are responsible for demand planning and supporting the S&OP process, and you facilitate the business reviews.
D.O.R.C. (Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center): from local Rotterdam ophthalmology instrument-maker to global market leader in 35 years! Every single day our 500 enthusiastic employees ensure that eye surgeons all over the world enjoy the use of innovative ophthalmic devices, instruments and liquids. Our products are sold in 80 countries through our own Subsidiaries in Europe, Middle East, Latin and North America and a network of distributors. D.O.R.C. uses cutting-edge technology, works closely with innovative surgeons and thrives to make a difference. Over 11.000 ophthalmologists worldwide daily use our advanced Ophthalmic surgery unit EVA to take care of their patients in order to help them see again.
- Attractive working conditions
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Collect internal and external market information, analyze and translate into clear demand planning;
- Managing the daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, demand planning processes;
- Ensuring good sales forecast accuracy with focus on continuous improvement;
- Managing and continuously improving the monthly S&OP forecasting process;
- Implement and drive business planning and forecasting processes at all global sites and distributors;
- Managing the different forecast types in our systems. The demand planner is accountable for the timely determination of the most accurate demand plan on article level and on other product levels;
- Communicate relevant information regarding the sales forecast to the various stakeholders;
- Preparing and organizing monthly S&OP reviews with finance, sales & marketing, SPMD and logistics to align Business Planning for new and existing products;
- Establish and analyze KPIs related to forecast accuracy, delivery reliability and inventory value;
- Coordinate product introductions, changes and phase-outs;
- Continuously monitor demand deviations and short and medium term risks;
- Provide input to Master Production Scheduler to determine short, medium and long term capacity planning;
- Provide input to Supply Chain planner for determining purchasing forecasts;
- Act as a liaison between Customer Service, Sales, Production, Purchasing and QA;
- Continuously initiate improvements in the S&OP process.
Skills, education and expertise:
- A completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in the field of Logistics, Business Administration or similar;
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of supply chain experience and/or demand / production planning;
- Experience with demand planning, forecasting and business reviews;
- Good knowledge of ERP systems, supply chain processes and business analyses;
- Good command of the English language in word and writing;
- Analytical minded, result driven and sense of stakeholder management.