Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. They design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their clients microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
The products of ASML’s Applications Business Line products are critical elements in high end semiconductor manufacturing processes. They build on the capabilities of our world renowned scanners, using them as an actuator to correct distortions caused by other process steps.
Within Applications, the Process Window Control (PWC) software products provide our customers with the means to optimize and control their manufacturing processes. Our software brings huge benefits to our customers and the use of our products is increasing fast. A team of over 200 software developers works together with application engineers, process experts and support specialists to develop our unique market leading applications. Development is largely done in Java and our applications run in a Linux environment on a local server rack.
As a member of the OASIS team, you ensure that the developers have a stable and state-of-the art development environment that supports Continuous Integration.
- actively participate in the team’s Agile/scrum activities diagnose issues and fix them
- pro-actively look for potential improvements and prepare them for evaluation by the team
Context of the position
Within software development, the OASIS team is responsible for providing a state-of-the-art development environment. Consisting of both IT engineers and development engineers, the team combines the knowledge of our internal IT infrastructure, development tools and modern development practices. The team has a high impact on the effectiveness and productivity of the 25 scrum teams. Its goal is to continuously optimize the software development, releasing and deployment cycle. Activities range widely; development tooling configuration, setting up/enhancing Continuous Integration pipelines, maintenance, support and application life cycle management.
Our development environment consists of, amongst others,
- Docker, Docker Swarm
- Linux (RedHat)
- Splunk / Dynatrace
- Atlassian tool suite; BitBucket, Jira, Bamboo, Confluence
- Cloud (Azure)
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
A Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or software engineering.
- You have experience in devops activities, preferably in a large development organization
- You have experience with cloud development, preferably Azure
- You have experience in enabling software developers, preferably in a Java development team
- You have worked in an Agile/scrum team
- You have worked in a CI/CD driven organization
- You have at least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Always acting to make the team succeed
- Outgoing, actively building useful relationships in the scope of the project
- Result driven, “make it happen” attitude
- Accurate way of working, you ensure that what you do is documented and communicated
- Ability to switch quickly between levels of abstractions (detailed view vs. system level view)
- A continuous improvement attitude, for both the development environment and the team’s own performance