Research & Development
Secondment via YER
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
As an Algorithm Designer, you develop algorithms and data processing frameworks for innovative prototypes of future healthcare applications.
You will contribute to our effort to improve the life of future patients, by developing prototype applications that sense environmental and physiological signals and translates these signals to information that empower people to manage their own health. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team and be responsible for the design, implementation and management of algorithms and data processing frameworks.
- Work together with researchers on requirements definition and implementation of algorithms for biomedical applications and wearables
- Support data collection (clinical) studies by creating user interfaces, automating acquisition and post-processing chains, both offline and in real-time
- Carry out data analysis and algorithms’ validation, and present meaningful insights to internal or external partners via progress meetings, technical notes, visualization dashboards, etc.
- Maintain various datasets and processing frameworks, actively propose enhancements and solutions to encountered technical challenges
- Interact with customers, partners and engineers, act as data expert and provide technical guidance
- Read scientific papers and related online sources in search for new concepts and ideas, identify state-of-the-art methods and explain them to the audience
- Perform fast prototyping and validation of research ideas of your own, your colleagues or found in the literature
- Help data science team with features engineering and creation of machine learning models
- Promote good coding practices by example and bring legacy code to the next level in terms of functionality, efficiency and reusability
- Present the outcomes of your activities during progress meetings and produce high-quality documentation
By joining the Health Research team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of innovators and thinkers.
Together, with our researchers and engineers, you will work on disruptive research for wearables, implants and companions for artificial organs to develop building blocks for autonomous closed loop care. We invite you to be part of our ambitious team where your ideas will have an impact on our society and our future lives.
This is an opportunity to work on a range of topics within a multidisciplinary team, while becoming an expert in your specialization. Ensures encouraging learning environment with additional internal and external training opportunities, while research way of working gives opportunity to steer and organize your activities. Being part of the research team, it is possible to contribute to scientific publications, conferences and patents.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- BSc/MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or a similar field
- Experience with signal processing, (real-time) algorithm design and implementation in Python\MATLAB
- Genuine interest in biomedical research, data analysis and scientific programming
- Other software skills – programming languages (for Android apps, GUI), machine learning techniques – is a plus
- Experience with real-time processing, parallel and cloud computing is a plus
- Experience with wearable devices and their constraints (hardware, software, algorithms) is a plus
- Willing to learn new skills on practice, hands-on attitude and high level of self-organization
- You see changes and uncertainty as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- You are an agile team player, actively helping other team members and timely asking for help