Marketing & Communication
Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water, Manufacturing
Over deze vacature
For our client BDR Thermea, in Apeldoorn, we are looking for a Corporate Communications Manager. It’s a full-time (32h/week also possible), temporary assignment (maternity leave), starting in November and lasting for 6–7 months.
As a member of the Marketing team, the Corporate Communications Manager plays an important role in developing the narrative of a sustainable, solution-centric organization, by delivering excellence in communication strategy, messaging to internal and external stakeholders and establishing the BDR Thermea brand.
Together with the Senior Group Communication Manager, you are responsible for the development and execution of internal and external communication, as well as content management. You will align with the local markets of BDR Thermea in order to implement communications strategy according to the brand guidelines and brand promise (distributing smart thermal comfort solutions with a near-zero carbon footprint to building owners and users). Sustainability and energy transition are, therefore, known subjects to you, and you can easily develop communications around them.
Content Strategy and Operations
Our ideal candidate is an experienced communications professional with demonstrable refined skills in creative writing and corporate communications. You should be detail oriented and able to work proficiently under pressure.
You will oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure that customer engagement and experience are positive, as well as that brand consistency is maintained. You easily communicate with external and internal stakeholders, yet are hands-on and manage the day-to-day tasks. You own the content calendar, write articles and manage the communication channels. You will:
- Implement content strategy for employees, corporate and social media communication.;
- Develop and oversee execution of content development, plan and budget, including management of content calendar on the channels (LinkedIn, website, intranet);
- Generate and publish engaging content; in line with brand guidelines and regulatory compliance where applicable;
- Work closely with agencies and advise on the production of content when needed;
- Help develop and implement the new Values and Culture project, making sure the right tone of voice and brand guidelines of regulatory compliance are applied;
- Support public relations and communication with external stakeholders; and align on execution with corporate/sector/commercial functions;
- Lead social media strategy and oversee execution, create engagement of the wider organization;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new domain knowledge to the internal communication and social media strategy and asset creation;
Leadership attributes and interpersonal skills:
- Culturally agile, can effectively lead and build bridges with teams that are geographically dispersed;
- Excellent communicator, comfortable being a change agent and educator;
- Creative and innovative, discerning the essential points or storyline from information;
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to juggle multiple projects successfully and prioritize tasks effectively;
- Collaborative leadership style, able to build consensus across the organization;
- Curious, eager to learn about the company and its local markets / brands;
- Delivers on commitments, every time.
Key Performance Indicator
You will be working with multiple KPIs, such as:
- Social media impact (network growth, share of voice, influence);
- Website metrics;
- Newsletter engagement;
- Effectiveness and frequency of employee communication;
- Annual reports;
For a world that urgently needs to tackle the challenge of climate change, BDR Thermea manufactures and distributes smart thermal comfort solutions with a near-zero carbon footprint to building owners and users.
To meet customers’ ever-evolving expectations, they develop innovative products and services that save energy and cut carbon emissions. Their connected and integrated technologies enable the global shift towards fully sustainable energy carriers.
Serving customers in more than 100 countries worldwide, BDR Thermea Group is a global player with market-leading brands. Their portfolio includes renowned names such as Baxi, De Dietrich, Remeha, Brötje, Chappée and Baymak. With a strong local presence, their brands are always close to their customers.
They employ over 6,100 people across the globe. Their head office is in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to BDR Thermea. We offer:
- Good employee benefits;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies;
- There is also the possibility of being hired as a freelancer.
- 5 or more years’ experience in developing and executing corporate communications and content management;
- Proven track record in communications, social media, content strategy and operations.
- BA or BS required, preferably in communication, journalism, media, business management or marketing;
- Up-to-date knowledge on trends and developments in sustainability and energy transition;
- Ability to craft messaging and positioning;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Native or fluent English speaker;
- Knowledge of Yammer and Sitecore (preferable);
- Experience with energy transition or manufacturing environment (preferable).