Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
The Residential Heating Controls (RHC) department is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer. The department is responsible for developing and maintaining control units for central heating boilers and heat pumps. Within the department, the groups Hardware, Software and Embedded Software Development can be distinguished. The Embedded Software group is responsible for firmware development for the RHC products, especially the Appliance Control Units (ACUs) and is closely involved in the production of these products. The department strives for on-time delivery in an agile work environment, we work in scrum teams in a SAFe environment.
As a Firmware Engineer, you are involved in the entire software development process, from the preparation of preconditions to the maintenance of the developed software. You own your design throughout the cycle. When necessary, you provide support to team members and others who work with your software and to the users who integrate the control units into their product.
- Work out requirements in more detail;
- Design, development and testing of the firmware;
- (Technical) documentation of the software, especially for Safety-related components;
- Correct use of tooling such as JIRA, Jenkins, Artifactory and so on;
- Verification of the PCB during integration and validation tests;
- Maintain healthy development environment;
- Provide support in testing and in resolving issues;
- Identifying and implementing process and / or product improvements.
This vacancy is available within an international organization that focuses on the development of climate systems in the region of Deventer. Engineering plays a major role in this. Furthermore, there are many opportunities for growth within this company.
Excellent working conditions!
- A completed bachelor/master in Embedded software or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of experience with Embedded software development
- Experience in software development with C / C ++ (or similar) ;
- Familiar with configuration management and use of software development tool chains and debugging environments;
- Able to write product software specifications and internal technical documentation
- Proactive attitude
- Accuracy and pragmatism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Familiar with Agile working (Scrum / Kanban / SAFe or scaled agile);
- Affinity / experience with Devops
- Independent, accurate, enterprising, team player and quality conscious