Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
For this position, we are looking for an engineer who has experience in structurally resolving technical issues of existing components/ systems of vehicles. Are you a proactive team player who loves a challenging role with strong technical and communicative focus? Then this is the position for you!
In your position as Engine Development Engineer, you are responsible for maintaining the engines currently in production. You will support the existing Mechanical Expert team and lead ad-hoc problem-solving team. You have a variety of responsibilities:
- Develop new or adapt existing constructions in cooperation with the project design group, internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Focus is functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability.
- Close contact with Operations, Aftersales and Testing department to quickly define problem of seen issues, generate hypothesis for root cause, analyse and validate proposed solutions.
- Report status and progress, towards management, including results and detailed technical proposals to resolve issues.
- Leading in technical know how, solution validation program and defining this together with Mechanical experts, Aftersales, CAE and Engine test departments.
- Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques and problem resolution development acc. DMAIC principle.
- Proactively coordinate and monitor planning and releases in line with project milestones.
As Running Business Engine Development Engineer, you report to the Supervisor of the Base Engine group and Project Lead Engineer of the Running Business Team.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Within the PACCAR Inc., DAF Engine & Engine After-treatment System (EAS) development is the centre of competence for development. In our state-of-art testing centre we develop engine and EAS configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with the best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. The department Engine & EAS Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine and EAS concepts and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and EAS. For the Base engine group, we have an open position for an Engine Development Engineer in the Running business team.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical or Engine Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in a product development environment.
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal, written and presenting communication skills (English mandatory, willingness to learn Dutch)
- Ability to handle multiple projects thank to strong organization skills, problem-solving mind and result driven personality.
- Knowledge of engine components and systems is a pre
- Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up
- Design for Six Sigma and problem-solving skills.