Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you the Technical Team player who takes the lead in turbocharger development for current- and future engine platforms?
As Turbocharger Mechanical Expert, you are responsible for the technical development of the turbocharger, in close cooperation with Tier1 suppliers and PACCAR internal stakeholders (Validation- and Calibration teams, Production Engineering, After Sales, Purchasing, etc). In this role, you apply your detailed hardware- and actuator software knowledge for the development of future engine platforms, as well as improving current product.
- Take a leading role in definition of turbocharger technologies for future projects, and initiate the required test- and simulation activities to prove that concepts are performing as expected.
- Solve testing- and/or field issues, by determining root-cause and solutions in a structured way
- Initiate and guide testing activities, review results and start-up follow-up activities if needed
- Working according Design for Six Sigma methodologies
Within PACCAR Inc., the DAF Trucks Engine Development department is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for future regulations, for DAF, Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with the highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split into 5 groups: EAS Hardware, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries, CAE and FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo system)
In the FIETU group currently there is a vacancy for a Mechanical Expert for Turbochargers.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience, preferably within Engine- or Automotive Development
- (Detailed) Knowledge of turbocharger hardware
- Experience with problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Clear communication, both verbal and presentation wise
- Proactive attitude and able to operate independently
- Clear and structured way of working