Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine & after treatment development is the centre of competence for development. In our state-of-art testing centre, we develop engine and after treatment configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Hardware & Design is responsible for the hardware development of new engines and after treatment systems and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and After treatment.
As Hardware Engineer After treatment, you play a central and key role in the hardware development of after treatment systems together with multiple international stakeholders. Within a team you contribute to the optimization of current products and/or future product developments. Within role, no two days are the same. CAD activities are outsourced and a minority of your tasks.
- Strong technical team player who can multitask and has engine/after treatment knowledge.
- Coordination and development of various activities in close cooperation with PACCAR internal stakeholders and external supplier.
- Translate project goals into product requirements, co-design, validate and implement towards market introduction.
- Six sigma deliverables execution as well as problem resolution.
- Contribute to extensive validation and release activities towards project milestones.
- Participate / leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams.
- Ensure that components meet their requirements with focus on emissions, functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability.
- Analyse results and presenting to management.
- As Hardware Engineer you report to the Engineering Supervisor After treatment Hardware.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience
- A strong team player and communicator.
- Able to handle multiple tasks by structure way of working
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills and result driven personality.
- English is mandatory and preferable Dutch