Research & Development
Contract with Client
Over deze vacature
For this dynamic and innovative organization, one of the market leaders in stairlifts, we are looking for a Supplier Quality Manager, who will be responsible for developing the main suppliers. In this hands-on position you make it possible that suppliers can deliver to required technical quality standards, and that the technical quality level can be increased even further.
As Supplier Quality Manager you are responsible for the development of the most important suppliers of Handicare in Europe. By establishing highly collaborative relationships and partnerships with the suppliers you make it possible to generate new capabilities and competencies in suppliers, linked to performance improvement. You involve the supplier in what is required by Handicare, so that the supplier is able to think along and advise.
Purpose is to develop a quality focused culture in the European supplier base. This makes it possible that suppliers can deliver to required technical quality standards, and that the technical quality level can be increased even further.
A key success factor for this role is to establish and cultivate highly collaborative working relationships, not only with the external suppliers, but also with internal stakeholders across the business (international teams in R&D, Procurement, Quality Management, Production). This collaborative style will ensure that the organization takes a joined-up approach to supplier quality; ensuring that Handicare receives the best possible outcomes from supplier relationships and partnerships.
You will also support the team of Strategic Buyers in Europe to onboard suppliers successfully (supplier evaluation, supplier approval).
You discuss with and challenge R&D about the design (drawing with specification) of new product concepts, to define the required product- and process parameters and criteria.
You conduct supplier visits for quality audits and root cause analysis. You identify process improvement opportunities, and with your excellent problem solving skills and clear communication you create corrective action plans to improve performance.
You will be reporting to the Global Purchasing Manager.
The location of this position is Heerhugowaard (NL).
Handicare Stairlifts is one of the international market leaders, with around 250 professionals (in NL, around 950 in total) working every day on the best stairlifts. With these products, Handicare offers solutions that increase the self-reliance of people with disabilities and the elderly. From Heerhugowaard (NL) and Kingswinford (UK), Handicare Stairlifts develops, produces and sells stairlifts for all types of stairs, all over the world. Handicare Stairlifts is active in 32 countries and has offices in the Netherlands, United Kingdom, China, United States, France, Germany and Italy. The stairlifts are delivered and installed at the end user via an extensive dealer network. The stairlifts are of high quality and come with excellent service and warranty.
A challenging position within a professionally organized company with growth opportunities, and with colleagues who believe in the product, the market and the company.
- Market-based remuneration, in line with the level of the position, and your knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- Profit share
- Company car
- Inclusion in the pension scheme
- 27 vacation days + 13 ADV
- Phone and laptop
- Full-time position (40 hours)
- Training opportunities
You enjoy working with others in a very dynamic environment with a lot of interaction. You dare to ask critical questions and you like to contribute to the continuous improvement of products and processes.
Qualifying candidates possess:
- A relevant engineering degree (BSc level), such as mechanical or industrial engineering
- A previous experience of working in engineering/manufacturing industry is essential.
- Working knowledge of relevant quality systems and applications (such as PPAP, MSA, APQP, FMEA, SPC)
- You are lead auditor trained (ISO 9001)
- Knowledge of performance improvement (lean)
- Strong analytical skills (performing data analysis)
- Pragmatic attitude with strong problem solving skills
- Strong personality, self-starter with good judgement
- Excellent communication and relational skills, including the ability to deliver impactful and relevant presentations, you formulate clearly, you can establish and maintain relationships very well, you have experience with stakeholder management.
- Willing to travel