Secondment via YER
Logistics & Transportation
Over deze vacature
The Supply Planner / Production Planner is responsible to formulate a short term production requirements plan to fulfil the internal and external demand in time and quantity, according to the IBP supply global plan.
Organized and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. Advanced communication, strong planning skills and computer abilities are very useful for the role.
The Supply Planner- Production Planner needs to have a complete overview on the demand and priorities to fulfil in the given areas/production sites.
He/her will be responsible for the quantities to be produced taking into account production constraints and optimization, following the guidelines agreed and sharing the decisions with the internal stakeholders who provide the demand.
DS Smith is a leading provider of corrugated packaging solutions worldwide. Over the past 80 years our organisation has grown dramatically, as have our services and areas of expertise.
They have gone from being a leader in manufactured packaging with divisions in paper, packaging and recycling to become one unified company and the industry benchmark in packaging and Supply Cycle strategy.
Today, they operate in more than 34 different countries, proudly employing around 30,000 people. It’s thanks to the skills and knowledge of their employees that they are able to provide our customers with strategic support across their entire packaging Supply Cycle. Because they are packaging strategists. It’s this forward-thinking approach that has built this company that we see today.
- Salary between €3,000 and €3,500 based on 40 hours.
- Full travel expenses.
- 25 holiday-days
- 8.33% holiday allowance
- Daily analysis of the demand to fulfil. Comparison with the given allocation per region/production site. Challenge the providers of the input in case of misalignment with the medium/long term plan.
- Find solutions to balance demand supply involving the necessary stakeholders in Service Center, Planning, Production.
- Prepare Replenishment Requirement to be produced by checking
- the excess stock in every production site (reallocating orders / forecast accordingly),
- minimum production runs
- impact on the next production runs
- When allocation/production capacity is not enough to fulfil the demand, make an optimal decision combining the following actions
- Check with Supply planners any available allocation in the sales areas/production sites.and then
- Move production between production sites
- Challenge forecast input
- Challenge safety stock agreements
- Find with the Customer Operation Team orders to be postponed/reduced
- Communicate and share decision with the stakeholders
- Escalate the issues that cannot be solved
- When allocation/production capacity is higher than demand, make an optimal decision selecting/combining the following actions:
- Check with Supply Planners if the monthly allocation is consistent and if balancing between areas/mills is required
- find additional/future volumes to increase production requirements taking into account the stock level in the site.
- Send the production requirements plan to the assigned production sites
- Handle additional requirements coming from scheduling (due to production optimization), choosing the solution that minimizes their impact.
- Analyse the feedback from production to ensure that all production requirements have been accepted.
- Compare the incoming production with expected demand (run negative
- ATP report)
- Follow up the production scheduled and the other KPIs of the process including production actuals vs. plan
- Participate on the preparation of the short term allocation (1 month) and on the setting up of production runs
- Take part on the meetings calendar established for the position
- Person Specification (minimum requirements)
- Education & Certifications Bachelor degree or equivalent acquired by significant work experience
- Job Specific Technical Requirements Excellent analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and international awareness
- Flexible and able to work in a structured way in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of ERP and supply chain systems would be an advantage
- Good spoken and written English is essential. Language skills in other language are a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge-Access is a plus
- Several years of planning in either on the following categories: