Secondment via YER, Contract with Client
Food, Feed, Pharma
Over deze vacature
For Amgen in Breda, we are looking for a Senior Associate Accounting (fulltime).
· Performs day-to day accounting activities related to US GAAP (review and post journal entries/payroll accounting/VAT/prepaids and accruals).
· Performs Balance Sheet reviews, reviewing account reconciliation's in liaison with outsources partners/Finance and Administration team at European affiliate
· Supports the preparation of close packages (including variance analysis),
· Performs control validations and testing (IICC/SOX).
· Supports sales accounting/cost accounting for the global accounting functions
· Coordination/oversight accounting activities performed by our outsource Partners.
· Ensures actual data in SAP and various reporting systems is accurate
· Technical guidance on accounting matters
· Communicates/Coordinates with Finance and Administration team at European affiliate relating US GAAP vs Local GAAP
· Provides support for expansion activities/new product launches
· Create and track financial metrics as part of dashboard for management
· Provide ad hoc support to the Finance Director and flag all opportunities and challenges.
· Keep track of effectiveness of SLA’s, process maps and SOPs, monitors between the various Finance functions
· Provide back up when colleagues are not available.
Amgen is one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. Amgen is a values-based company, deeply rooted in science and innovation, to transform new ideas and discoveries into medicines for patients with serious illnesses.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge or the equivalent.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or a related field of study
· Fluency in English (both verbal and written) is a must.
· Typically 2+ years of related professional experience
· Demonstrated excellence of technical knowledge of accounting (US GAAP), accounting systems/processes.
· Demonstrates a high level of analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems.
· Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office environment.
· Basic knowledge of European VAT system
· Experience with SAP/other ERP system is a +