High Tech Campus 5 Eindhoven Noord Brabant NLD 5656 AE
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
At Philips Design we always believed in the transformational power of Design in making our world healthier and more sustainable. We are an integral and valuable part of the organization and its long heritage. We have earned and continue to earn our place as a leading health tech organization by placing the people in the center of our work and in delivering integrated solutions across the full health continuum.
Our designers are among the smartest and talented designers of a global community. We take pride in our work and continuously shift design paradigms, improve our ways of working and unlock new market value by providing an inclusive working environment of trust, collaboration, empowerment and curiosity.
As part of a global design team, your challenge will be to collaborate to the creation of an excellent UX for a broad range of healthcare related solutions. Furthermore, you will be involved in the creation of UI guidelines and standards for the on-screen user interface of Philips Healthcare products and you will be executing usability evaluations in several stages of the design process in order to identify areas where usability, safety and the overall user experience can be improved.
The home location for this role is Eindhoven, but you will work in distributed teams across the globe. Our global creative force of some 400+ professionals is located in our design studios across the Americas, Europa, Middle-East and Asia. You will work across our entire portfolio of consumer and professional healthcare & wellness products and from early research to market delivery at scale. On a daily basis, you will work closely with other designers of a larger cross functional Philips team. Your peers in Design will include product, communications and program management.
- You work with global teams on the creation of excellent UX for our healthcare products. You work in all stages of the User Centered Design conducting user needs and workflow analysis and providing your input especially on human factors and usability.
- You help create design standards for the on screen user interface of Philips Healthcare products. The goal is to create a consistent and excellent user experience.
- You execute usability evaluations in several stages of the design process in order to identify areas where usability, safety and the overall user experience can be improved.
Work with global design teams on the creation of excellent UX:
- Plan and conduct user research activities
- Conduct user need and task analysis
- Describe requirements and usability specifications
- Collaborate in modeling the UX, especially applying human factors to the design solutions
- Participate to design reviews
- Iteratively evaluate design solutions
- Creation of UI standards
- Create excellent UI standards based on the analysis of user needs and requirements and on your knowledge of human factors principles. The standards are created in collaboration with visual designers and stakeholders in the businesses
- Create mock-ups and interactive prototypes to evaluate the standards
- Lead design and development teams in applying user centered design and in properly addressing Human Factors
- Create, manage, execute usability evaluation plans to be performed across design and development of our products. Such activities are defined in cooperation with stakeholders in the BUs and executed according to current standards on usability engineering to ensure compliance with European and American regulation (i.e. FDA)
- Conduct usability evaluations, expert reviews, heuristics evaluations using established usability practices and methods. Report results, draw conclusions and make recommendations for re-design and usability requirements.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Academic background in interaction design, product design or cognitive science with focus on Human-Computer Interaction and Usability or comparable experience
- At least 5 years progressive experience as usability engineer
- Proven knowledge of Human factors and interaction design principles
- Experience with usability methodologies, processes and standards, prototyping tools for creating mock-ups
- Knowledge and experience in applying user centred design and usability engineering, preferably to medical devices according to FDA regulation and standards (like IEC 62366-1)
- Experience in conducting heuristic evaluations and usability evaluations, preferably of medical devices
- Understanding design of experiments, statistical analysis
- Experience in the creation of products from requirements analysis and specifications to validation
- Excellent analytical skills and ability of consulting and communicating results to design and development teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to perform with multidisciplinary teams