Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water, Engineering
Over deze vacature
Howden Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Reciprocating Compressor Engineer who will join our Innovation team that deliver differentiated new products / product improvements that add value to Howden customers’ businesses and assist us in making a valuable difference in the century to come. The Reciprocating Compressor Engineer will develop as the product technical authority in the company, jointly with the other experts for the same Product. Product experts are responsible for developing, maintaining and improving the technical standards and design rules and codes related to the Product.
- Research and develop further knowledge related to the Product, Products applications and domains of interest for the company;
- Contribute to New Product Development projects: propose and validate concepts, validate designs, execute or validate complex analyses;
- Support other teams in handling questions and analyses related to the design, performance or use of the Product when other teams knowledge is not sufficient;
- Develop towards delivering a contribution to the position of Howden as a thought leader on its core markets, for example by generating or contributing to white papers, conferences or articles.
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer 2021 by the Top Employer Institute. They offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. In this position, you will play a key role in adding value improvement in every new product development and product improvement projects leading to breakthrough differentiators. You will interact with several teams within HCR, with suppliers, research centers and consultants, which are great opportunities for learning fast on products and the company. We offer the opportunity to develop into a Product Expert role within 2-3 years. Other future roles could be Sr. Product Expert, Product management position or a Management position in Engineering or R&D. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position and in addition an extensive package of fringe benefits.
- BSc or MSc in Engineering or equivalent;
- Fluent English language skills;
- Solid technical understanding of subsystems and interfaces between systems;
- Product knowledge of reciprocating compressors and mechanical design of rotating equipment;
- Knowledge of machinery performance analysis;
- Fundamental knowledge of thermodynamics and basis knowledge of steel materials;
- Experience with Product Development processes;
- Experience with analysis and writing of technical documents (standards, research reports, white papers) as technical authority;
- Experience with engineering and design processes;
- 5 years’ experience in engineering related to reciprocating compressors;
- Being able to balance between scientific analytical and pragmatic approach of design challenges;
- Technical curiosity and openness to be challenged;
- A structured and documented approach to technical problem solving and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Estimated travel will be limited to 10% of the time; possible visit to customer sites, supplier or conferences.