Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
We are currently recruiting three Mechanical Experts for different engine development groups. Are you a technical team player with strong communication skills, who is able to develop components for future engine and maintain existing platforms? Then this position may be your ideal job!
In your position as Hardware Mechanical Expert your responsibilities are;
- Coordinate development of new and/or improvement of existing designs in cooperation with internal stakeholders from different departments and external suppliers.
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams.
- Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in close cooperation with suppliers.
- Leading all required Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) deliverables within the project.
- Initiate and guide testing activities, review results and start-up follow-up activities if needed
- Problem resolution development according DMAIC principle.
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor validation and releases in line with project milestones.
- Ensure the components meet their requirements with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability.
- Analyze results and make detailed technical proposals incl. presenting to management.
- As Mechanical Expert you report to the Supervisor of the responsible group.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for development. In our state-of-art testing center we develop engine and after treatment configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with the best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Hardware & Design is responsible for the hardware development of new engines and after treatment systems and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Fuel Injection Equipment & Turbo (FIETU), Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and after treatment. Currently, DAF is recruiting several mechanical experts within the Engine Auxiliaries group and FIETU group.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
- Min 3 years of mechanical/hardware experience in a product development environment.
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- You are able to handle multiple projects because of strong organization skills and a problem-solving and result driven personality.
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with ambition to learn Dutch
- Automotive knowledge