Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, High Tech, Industrial
Over deze vacature
Challenging assignment for a talented individual which is able to fill this position as Project leader IT at Vanderlande!
Within Vanderlande, the Customer Centre Warehousing Solutions International (CC WS INT) is active throughout the world, where you will be part of the IT Services department. The department consists of IT service consultancy, System architecture, IT project management and IT service management who work together to make sure IT systems and services are fit-for-purpose and available around the clock for our customers to use.
Our customers are increasingly recognizing the importance of IT services throughout the life cycle of a system. Our warehouse solutions are evolving in size and complexity, becoming increasingly productized and modular on all levels (equipment, software and IT hardware), which leads to a growing importance of our IT services.
In your role as IT project manager:
- You enjoy working on IT projects for leading (e-)retailers and wholesalers and prefer a diverse mix of projects ranging from software development, data analytics to hardware/software upgrades and the occasional internal project
- You ensure that your projects run smoothly and meet all requirements
- You lead your projects successfully through all phases - from the planning of the project through the management of the project members to the final handover
- You lead a multidisciplinary team consisting of – for instance – system architects and software developers
- You always keep an eye on the individual project goals and do what is needed to ensure that the deadlines are met, and the budget is not exceeded
- You communicate clearly and to-the-point with our internal and external customers, including our suppliers and internal colleagues
- You prefer a proactive project management style – the tools of risk and escalation management come naturally to you, and you don’t hesitate to act on early warnings
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems are capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. Its systems are active in more than 600 airports, including 12 of the world’s top 20. More than 52 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and retailers have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The demand for Vanderlande’s industry-leading life-cycle services has also grown significantly in recent years, with more than 150 site-based teams operating for its customers around the world.
Vanderlande has more than 7,500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Freelancers also welcome to apply!
As Project leader IT, you are a team player with a positive, energetic attitude. You have a strong customer focus without losing sight of the objectives of your projects. In addition:
- You successfully completed studies in a technical subject, such as computer science, information management, logistics or a similar subject
- You enjoy managing multiple projects simultaneously and get a kick out of leading projects in operational warehouses – without disrupting our customer’s operation
- You obtained your project management certification (e.g. IPMA level, Prince2, PMP)
- You bring at least five years of professional experience in project management, ideally in the field of software development, IT infrastructure, automation or logistics
- You are experienced in using common project management tools
- You have good communication skills in English (written and verbal); German and/or Dutch is a plus
- Ability to travel 20-30% of your time; this is both due to international project activities and because you collaborate with colleagues in both Germany and The Netherlands
- Note: this role can be based either in Dortmund (Germany) or Veghel (The Netherlands)