Secondment via YER, Contract with Client
Engineering, Industrial, Manufacturing
Over deze vacature
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for an Accounts Payable – General Accounting Specialist who will join our Finance team and will support in making a valuable difference in the century to come. The Accounts Payable - General Accounting Specialist delivers a valuable contribution to the accuracy and completeness of the financial administration and is responsible for performing the accounts payable, expense reporting and general accounting processes as efficient and effective as possible. Hereto the Accounts Payable - General Accounting Specialist initiates and delivers improvement initiatives to the aforementioned processes, and supports the Financial Controller to provide accurate data.
What needs to be done?
Immediate performance objectives:
- Complete review of vendor data together with procurement;
- Aligns together with procurement that all vendor payment terms with company policy and the ERP system;
- Implements process that payments proposals are generated from Account View accurately and complete to reduce payment handling time;
- Aligns together with process owners the process of complete and accurate delivery of SOX-related documents;
- Support financial controller in month-end closing (including intercompany reconciliation), posting of journal entries and initiate and process the monthly accruals and provisions.
Strategic/big picture deliverables:
- Processes described clearly and reduced from waste to make sure that HTC is ready for D365 implementation;
- Invoice approval backlog reduced to four weeks by optimizing processes together with other departments (warehouse/incoming goods, procurements/supplier documents);
- Expense reporting fully integrated with IT systems and payroll administration, expense reporting backlog reduced to two weeks;
- Ensure VAT compliance for all transactions of HTC;
- Fully supporting Financial Controller in all general accounting tasks and the month-end/quarter-end/year-end closings.
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
Howden Thomassen Compressors received the 2021 certification as a ‘Top Employer’ in The Netherlands! This recognition subscribes Howden’s dedication to putting its people first!
We offer a challenging position within a professional, dynamic and international organization. The Accounts Payable - General Accounting Specialist will have the opportunity to improve the processes within the area of responsibility to create efficiency and sustainability. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. Potential future positions could be within other Howden locations or a horizontal move within HCR. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position and which is supplemented by an extensive package of fringe benefits.
As a personality you are pro-active, solution oriented, able to deal in a professional way with resistance and able to build bridges. We search for a team player who recognizes waste in processes and who is able to eliminate the waste identified, who is constructive critical, assertive, well organized, who has excellent communication skills, is leading by personal power, questions status quo but also provides alternatives, who is doing things first time right and who is able to zoom in and zoom out while performing operational activities.
In addition, we search for a candidate who has the following qualifications and hard skills:
- MBO/HBO degree in Finance or Control;
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role (accounts payable, expense reports, general accounting, SOX);
- High level skills in working with Excel;
- Preferably experience with SWIFT/ISAH/AccountView;
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and in writing;
- Outgoing personality.