Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Working as a Software Developer for the Hue bridge is dynamic. You’ll be working in the Hue R&D development team, working alongside other software engineers on one of the largest commercial IoT systems. We’re greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
In this environment, our customers should be able to rely on new functions whilst maintaining stability and high performance. To achieve this, we require a highly skilled and motivated software designer that can work with the latest techniques and practices in the world of networked devices and agile software development.
As a Software Developer for the Hue Bridge, your role is to develop, test and release functionality for our Hue bridge.
What you will be doing:
This position opens a great opportunity for those who wish to contribute to development and further growth of the largest IoT ecosystem in the world:
- Join the team responsible for cloud connectivity, security, and fleet management of Hue Bridge devices.
- Participate in development of new IoT infrastructure together with cloud developers.
- Develop, test, and integrate Hue Bridge SW components for embedded Linux.
- Improve user experience and operational costs based on data from the field.
- Learn, innovate, coach on our development practices and processes.
- Explore opportunities of full stack IoT SW development, from devices to cloud.
- Develop using a wide variety of programming languages: C, C++, Bash, Python, C#, Go.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision-making.
What you need:
We are looking for a SW developer with a passion for home automation. Candidates with one or more of the following skills have preference:
- Strong SW design skills and ability to create simple, robust, and elegant SW systems.
- Background in computer science or mathematics.
- Experience with functional, domain-driven, or model-driven development.
- Experience with connectivity, networking, and IoT including typical challenges seen “in the last mile”.
- Knowledge and experience in network security.
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of DevOps and data-driven product development.
- Deep knowledge of C++ and Linux.
- Willingness to explore new development environments, languages, and platforms.
- Good knowledge of English both written and verbal, excellent communication skills.
- The ambition to work with highly intelligent peers and business leaders in a vibrant, collaborative environment while developing the skills required to excel!