Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
PACCAR IT Europe is responsible for the development, support and management of information systems in Europe for users of DAF Trucks, PACCAR Parts, PACCAR Financial and PacLease. Within IT Europe, more than 250 IT professionals are employed.
The PACCAR IT Europe Delivery Center is responsible for application development, maintenance and support on both IBM Mainframe and Microsoft based systems. The applications cover all major business areas of DAF Trucks: Purchasing, Product Development, Truck Sales, Production, Logistics, Parts, After Sales and Finance. Examples of applications are:
- The 3D DAF Truck Configurator.
- The ITS (International Truck Service) application supporting the 24/7 call centre by handling road side assistance requests throughout Europe.
- The European Parts System supports all PACCAR Parts dealers with ordering, invoicing and return programs and supports the Parts Distribution Centres with order handling and delivery.
- The Manufacturing Execution System (MES) built on the mainframe that enables the logistical processes to make sure the factory has the right components at the right moment at the right place.
- The Delivery Center consists of more than 80 employees in Eindhoven and India who work closely together in Agile Scrum teams per business area.
As a Software Designer/Engineer you translate customer requirements and processes into a technical specification and build the solution into the mainframe applications. You will work in a core team with 1 information analyst, 2 software developers, a functional application manager and a project manager in the MES / New Generation DAF agile scrum project.
The main system that requires changes is an IBM mainframe application written in Cobol using an IDMS database. We are looking for a long term commitment to further extend the knowledge base of our team.
- Development of software changes in the mainframe; technical design and programming
- Unit testing of software
- Preparation of peer-reviews
- Handover to maintenance
- All tasks will be executed on-site at DAF Trucks in Eindhoven
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the leading manufacturer of commercial vehicles in Europe. DAF is a wholly owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, a world leader in the design and manufacture of light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, is active in financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts as part of its core business.
We are looking for extensive experience in:
- Mainframe development
- In particular, technical database design and complex batch processes
- We expect at least several years experience in:
- Mainframe development (technical design + programming) in COBOL on IBM environment
- Tooling: IDMS, ROSCOE, Quality Center (Defect Management)